X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cascade Locks DGC in the works.

Another addition to Gorge disc golf is coming our way.

WORK PARTY: This Sunday 7/8 at 10am in Cascade Locks. The course is going to be located on the east end of town. From Wa Na Pa St.(main drag in town) head east, take Forest Ln on left and go down past Bear Mountain factory and turn left on Cramblett St.(just passed Bear Mountain), take first paved right and you should see folks at the end of the road. We will be doing lots of brush removal of thorny bushes so heavy gloves are recommended. Other tools we could use are loppers , extending loppers, line trimmers, basic brush tools. Water will be provided. Hope you can come join us in adding another course to the Gorge!

"Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

"It never rains on the golf course"- Grandpa

More details, please.
    Public or private land?
    Public funds, or privately raised funds?
    What type of course? Long or short? How many holes? Open or technical?

Comment

Come out and find out!

Just kidding. I am not "fully" in the know. I believe it is a 18 hole course on public land. I also believe it will be a nice mix of holes, long/short and open/technical. I know it has some great gorge views. You can google earth the land and it is easy to see the possibilities. Hope to see some of you folks out there, but if you miss this work party there are many more to follow. I will post them soon and keep this thread up dated as best I can.
      "Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

Comment

Originally posted by WavyLays View Post
        Come out and find out!

Just kidding. I am not "fully" in the know. I believe it is a 18 hole course on public land. I also believe it will be a nice mix of holes, long/short and open/technical. I know it has some great gorge views. You can google earth the land and it is easy to see the possibilities. Hope to see some of you folks out there, but if you miss this work party there are many more to follow. I will post them soon and keep this thread up dated as best I can.
        Sounds great.

Who is behind this course?

Comment

Like I said I am not fully in the know, so I have now clue where the funding is coming from. I am just trying to round up Gorge volunteers in general for all the courses coming. The White Salmon project is going to be a fun one, I have a feeling, and it is being funded by the community and local business' but they are still looking for the right piece of land to make a champion level course on. Fingers are crossed, for all these courses make it to fruition. Hopefully us Gorge golfers with help can start getting courses installed and maintained like you fellows do in PDX and surrounding areas. I look up to all you hard working DG'ers over there and hope we can learn from you and get organized out here.
          Last edited by WavyLays; July 6th, 2012, 04:10 PM. Reason: did not want to sound dumberer.

Comment

Volunteers?

2 suggestions:

1: Stumptown
            2: DGOD
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Sweet. I will contact them and let them know that the Gorge is going to be getting more courses and we need volunteers for work parties. I have often thought maybe Stumptown would want to start a Gorge Charter, or something of the sorts(I know Stumptown kinda means P-town). If no one is going to organize anything I am going to try and organize a "disc golf club" to try and help the Gorge Disc Community grow. As I said in one of my other 3 threads "any suggestions or ideas are more than welcome". Have a great evening everyone.

Comment

Don't forget:

North Bonneville Disc Golf Association

http://www.nbdga.org/

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                  Don't forget:

North Bonneville Disc Golf Association

http://www.nbdga.org/
                  They were the first folks I contacted. Still have not heard anything back. I guess some folks do not use the computer to often.

Comment

Justin Gross is a good contact. He is a fantastic promoter of the sport. Sorry I don't have his deets handy, but he does appear on this forum at times, I think as:

Columbia Gorge Disc Golf - CGDG

He and the mayor of North Bonneville are excellent supporters of disc golf!

(I think there is also a Columbia River Disc Golf Club)

Comment

Looks like NBDG has not been updated since last November, not sure that is going to be the place to contact people . So North Bonneville has two clubs(NBDGA&CGDG)? Do they meet? Are they collecting dues and accepting new members? A Gorge wide club seems way over due, so if CGDG is a thing I think the word should be spread and get some members, including myself.

Comment

That's cool, but I'm still hoping for a course on that terraced island/peninsula northeast of Government Cove.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                          That's cool, but I'm still hoping for a course on that terraced island/peninsula northeast of Government Cove.
                          Heard rumor this is a precursor to that. IF that is true or not I have no idea. fingers are crossed though.

Comment

Next weeks work party at Cascade Locks has changed from Saturday the 14th to Sunday the 15th. REPEAT: No work party on this coming Saturday, it is on this coming Sunday. Hope to see some of you Gorge Golfer out there!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X