X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbia View is now GONE

Sad day last Saturday. Pull out the baskets from Columbia View.

Thank you to the guys who came out for that last round.

Jeremy Fancher and Ty Baker with aces on the final round. Very nice, indeed!

Chompy, so glad you came out. Always great to play a round with you, sir.

I do have a bit of good news about the removal and that's how many neighbors came out and asked why we were taking the course out. One woman that I talked to was not happy that someone (a neighbor) had so much power as to have the baskets pulled. She said that she "like seeing the park get used and people having fun." There were a few other neighbors that made similar comments.

It was good to hear but a bit late. That seems to be the way of things. The nay sayers scream real load and steamroll over those who say, yeah or have no opinion.
    Still, a few of us gave them ammunition and we got shot.
    I know that next time (yeah, I do plan on a next time), I (we) will work hard to get the good guys to stand up and say their "peace" and work on my Disc Golfing community to stand up to the knuckle draggers that play our courses to keep an upstanding perception of what we (Disc Golfers) are truly about.

We (Disc Domination) thank you all for the support.

Keep your eyes open for our next event. Now, you know what we are about and we are still trying to keep it going so help us out for the good of this sport we love.

Sincerely,
    Phillip John Kurtz
    "PhilStomp"

That sucks! What were the issues? Noise, drinking on the course?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
      That sucks! What were the issues? Noise, drinking on the course?
      Various chemicals being ingested, yes.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Why was there no public input before the course was removed?

Comment

Iím glad I made it out to get a round in before the course was pulled. Itís always a pleasure to huk plastic with PhilStomp. This isÖ. was a nice little course. It was sad to see the baskets removed after finishing the round.

I hope that Ty, Phil, and Disc Domination secure a location for another course and the 9 Bentley Baskets.

Once the baskets are planted again letís make sure we behave properly so they can stay in the ground this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Why was there no public input before the course was removed?
            It sounds like there was plenty of public input from the neighbors and school officials who didn't appreciate the d-bags who drank, smoked weed and pissed this course out of existence.

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8880

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              It sounds like there was plenty of public input from the neighbors and school officials who didn't appreciate the d-bags who drank, smoked weed and pissed this course out of existence.

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8880
              Let me re-phrase. Why was there no public input from people who supported the park?

When Greenway park was under attack from some angry neighbors they did not just pull the baskets. There were a few public meetings in which all of the concerns were heard and discussed.

It just seems to me that this process was a little shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Let me re-phrase. Why was there no public input from people who supported the park?

When Greenway park was under attack from some angry neighbors they did not just pull the baskets. There were a few public meetings in which all of the concerns were heard and discussed.

It just seems to me that this process was a little shorter.
                It seems that the Haters pushed through and Likers didn't know what was going on behind their backs.
                This is one of those things in life that make me remember why we need to keep watch, even when things seem fine and dandy.
                I really need to tallk to Jason Pinkle about the &uck Hater's Tee shirt I saw him wearing last year.

Adam is correct.
                Most of society can handle a bit of "this and that" but in the most visable spot (hole 1 or next to a school) even I don't what to deal with it.
                Hey, enjoy, but keep it on the down low.

"Loose lips, sink ships"

I posted it before and will repeat it now, we need to keep it close to the vest and we need to "police our brass".

Again, Thanks for the support.

"Sales pitch" I know but.....
                Keep you eyes open for our next event.
                Looks like it will be "Discology" held at Timber park.
                Check it out, because "Discology" is pretty different.
                Get some buddies together and get ready.
                Disc Domination is about improving and adding to the Disc Golf community.

Sincerely
                Phillip John Kurtz
                "PhilStomp"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X