X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornings 3

Just got back from playing Hornings and walking the new course. to describe it 3 words??? Holy Fu$&ing $hit!!!! This new course is going to be huge, tight, technical, and bad ass for sure. Bob had it all planned out already but nearly 20 of us walked the course with him and gave him a little bit of advice. But basically Bob is a sick twisted man and came up one hell of a course!!!
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
    Just got back from playing Hornings and walking the new course. to describe it 3 words??? Holy Fu$&ing $hit!!!! This new course is going to be huge, tight, technical, and bad ass for sure. Bob had it all planned out already but nearly 20 of us walked the course with him and gave him a little bit of advice. But basically Bob is a sick twisted man and came up one hell of a course!!!
    Are you referring to distance when you say "huge"?

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
      Are you referring to distance when you say "huge"?
      Absolutely! I don't think there was a gimme birdie anywhere on that course. It's going to test everybody. Especially 16.

Big props to Bob and crew for this undertaking.
      Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
      PDGA #37890
      Stumptown #157
      ODW TDG 10-11
      3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

there was only one "huge" hole really, hole 16 was around 950-1000 ft long with a mando down around 200 ft from the pin. But some of the wood holes were quite long with narrow windows, so those will be pretty much "huge" holes. He said he still has a few months of logging to do, so lots of the woods will be opened up. overall there are no gimme birdies at all. you are going to have to work for each and every shot.
        Last edited by Trozzle!!!; February 8th, 2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
          But some of the wood holes were quite long with narrow windows, so those will be pretty much "huge" holes.
          What are the range of distances?

Comment

Not sure of the distances but quite a few long walks from the tee to the pin location. Nothing under 200 I believe. Hard to tell until the trees get thinned out more. Rob got GPS coordinates, so maybe he can give more details. I will post the map I got from Bob in a few.

Comment

Actually I wont post the map I got until Bob says its ok. I dont know if he wants everyone to see it yet.

Comment

Hey Troy, don't post that map, it's was an estimate, and we did change a couple things. Rob got the gps coordinates and I told him that Adam does the maps using google, so he may be contacting Adam. Distances will still be a bit off of the true distance using gps because gps does not take into consideration elevation change, so such holes as #8 would look a lot shorter on gps than actually is because it's so steep of a drop. But it will give folks an idea of what's coming
                Bob

Comment

I hope its done in time for ODDGC, so sweet

Comment

What kind of GPS device did Rob use? If it's a lower-end model, the accuracy may be a bit suspect in those woods... but I'd like to come out some time and see the new course myself anyway.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                      What kind of GPS device did Rob use? If it's a lower-end model, the accuracy may be a bit suspect in those woods... but I'd like to come out some time and see the new course myself anyway.
                      hey hey, Sorry Adam, but "Low end" would be kind words for this piece. The margin of error was way too big and half the coordinates were nearly identical. The only thing that really changed was the elevation. I'm going to try again soon.

Bob, I told you I wasn't a computer genius. Next time I'll try a different bubblegum machine to get my GPS.

Comment

Originally posted by chainslammin View Post
                        The margin of error was way too big and half the coordinates were nearly identical.
                        And for disc golf course map purposes, GPS elevation is unusable even on the best of models.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Went out and played Hornings yesterday and walked some of the new course with Bob and Ricky.
                          All i can say is WOW!
                          The work they are doing is amazing.
                          Tree removal for fairways on some crazy looking holes.
                          My friend Alex (lefty) and i (righty) threw two of the holes and they were tough but fair.
                          Bob also mentioned cement tee pads are going in
                          I'm just friggin excited and wanted y'all to know the guys out there are working hard to build an awesome course for us.
                          Shake there hands next time you go out there.
                          Cheers Mat
                          Not as creative as keys

Comment

I am curious to know how soon will be HH's 3rd course be ready? and does anyone know where the course locate?
                            PDGA 38506
                            ODDGA 27
                            DDGA 176
                            2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

To receive perfection is to give it time. I would assume the 3rd course completion date would probably be sometime in May? Located somewhere on Horning's Hideout and barely touching that annoying neighbor that Bob likes to piss off for fun?... JK on that one...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X