X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• columbia view park is open

Columbia View Park, 9 short technical holes with some elevation.
    Pads & Bentley baskets are in.

No drinking or smoking, hall your trash out.
    Next door to school. please respect neighbors.

MAP
    -Acerbinky-

Might want to redo your MAP url.. that does not find the park...
    SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Try this: http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q...k,+Gresham,+OR
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

thank you!

Originally posted by Acerbinky View Post
        Columbia View Park, 9 short technical holes with some elevation.
        Pads & Bentley baskets are in.

No drinking or smoking, hall your trash out.
        Next door to school. please respect neighbors.

MAP
        very nice job on the layout, i had a great time running through quickly on Sunday.

thanks to all who helped get this in the ground

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I had to go to Gresham today, so I was gonna check it out, but then I ran out of time.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Played this course on Friday afternoon, in my opinion this is probably the best short course I have played yet.

Well laid out good distance, Great flow and excellent use of the space.

Comment

we played four rounds today its really a fun layout. nice use of space and some good practice holes... not suuper challenging but fun for an afternoon round. got a few birdies, and almost aced a few.
              unfortunately a little birdie said they might be taking it out soon due to neighbor's complaints.

id recommend anyone going to use this point as Tee #1 . theres also a practice basket.
              http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=45...ia%20dgc%20%29
              at first we parked by the school and the gate was locked so we ended up starting at hole 6 but since the flow is such that you could start anywhere and end up where you started.
              get out there while we can!

Comment

Originally posted by spectralmonkey View Post
                we played four rounds today its really a fun layout. nice use of space and some good practice holes... not suuper challenging but fun for an afternoon round. got a few birdies, and almost aced a few.
                unfortunately a little birdie said they might be taking it out soon due to neighbor's complaints.

id recommend anyone going to use this point as Tee #1 . theres also a practice basket.
                http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=45...ia%20dgc%20%29
                at first we parked by the school and the gate was locked so we ended up starting at hole 6 but since the flow is such that you could start anywhere and end up where you started.
                get out there while we can!
                Yeah, I heard it was getting pulled soon, too. I played it last week while I was in town and I thought it was a fun neighborhood course. DGCR already shows it as "extinct" and it's dropped off their site. Don't know what the neighbor's problem is, but I didn't notice any holes close enough to a residence to be a danger. They probably just don't like the increased use of what looked like an under-utilized park. It's a threat to their own "private Idaho".
                Basket thieves

Comment

I heard that school officials saw some 420 and drinking during school hours, so the course is pulling stakes this week. Too bad a few members of the green party could not keep their pre-throw ritual to the vehicle, it was a really nice course compared to RW and Lance.

Comment

Originally posted by HuckU View Post
                    I heard that school officials saw some 420 and drinking during school hours, so the course is pulling stakes this week. Too bad a few members of the green party could not keep their pre-throw ritual to the vehicle, it was a really nice course compared to RW and Vance.
                    I had a great round Sunday afternoon, it's a shame to lose this park...

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
                      Yeah, I heard it was getting pulled soon, too. I played it last week while I was in town and I thought it was a fun neighborhood course. DGCR already shows it as "extinct" and it's dropped off their site. Don't know what the neighbor's problem is, but I didn't notice any holes close enough to a residence to be a danger. They probably just don't like the increased use of what looked like an under-utilized park. It's a threat to their own "private Idaho".
                      It is directly related to drug & alcohol use. I don't want that in my front yard either.
                      'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                        It is directly related to drug & alcohol use. I don't want that in my front yard either.
                        'Nuff said.
                        Then don't buy/rent a house across the street from a park...just sayin'!

On the other hand I did notice a new sign posted at the first tee stating the park rules. I'm gettin' kinda old and maybe it was there when I first started playing the course...

I had to just about punch out my long time friend when I told him he couldn't bring his bag full of beers out onto the course when we played it during the World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend in May...

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                          Then don't buy/rent a house across the street from a park...just sayin'!
                          or buy that house and call the cops when you see those activities in the park...
                          'Weekend 4 Women':
                          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                            or buy that house and call the cops when you see those activities in the park...
                            sure because the cops got nothin better to do...

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                              sure because the cops got nothin better to do...

You'd think but would you rather as an officer pursue a someone giggling and laughing or someone methed out who will eat your face if they find the bath salts?

In the meantime things like open smoking and use will cause problems for neighborhood parks plain and simple. Not everyone believes the cannabis is a good thing for this world and those are the people who will complain.

Sad to hear about a course being pulled but it does sound like it was warranted no matter how I feel about the politics behind it.
                              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X