X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new park in Sequim, Wa (Carlsborg)

i was in Sequim last weekend, and noticed that a new course is up right along the South side of Hwy 101 between Carlsborg rd and Kitchen Dick road (left side when headed to Port Angeles)

I guess this is property of a church, I don't know any other details.
    I tried a little google searching, but couldn't find anything.

does anyone know anything about this course?

here it is on Google Maps
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...h&z=17&vpsrc=6
    Last edited by KrautBurner; April 2nd, 2012, 11:57 AM.

btw,
    I'm planning on trying it out Friday or Saturday if weather permits

Comment

fixed the map
      http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...h&z=17&vpsrc=6

Comment

I heard of this one too. gonna try soon, next time I'm up there.
        "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

i went....will not return.

Comment

can someone add it to dgcr? Or, I can add it if someone has info (address, # of holes, type of baskets, etc.) Thanks.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
              i went....will not return.
              ski2man dont keep it a secret .whats wrong with it
              PDGA # 52916
              CRDGC
              TCDGC
              FWWDGC
              PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                ski2man dont keep it a secret .whats wrong with it
                I'm just not a fan.
                1.The holes are all right next to each other. If it was busy, I would have definitely hit people or been waiting to use their fairway.
                2. The baskets are homemade, which I have no problem with usually. I have my own homemade basket and am very proud of it. The baskets are very well done as far as the welding and the whole thing is metal, number is cut out of metal on top of each hole. They have two main problems however: one, they have 12 chains, which is ok if all 12 chains are around the outside in one layer (my neighborhood course has these)...but on the ones at this course the layers are 8 on the outside and 4 on the inside. This makes it very easy for a disc to go through the gaps left. two, they are extremely high. The top of the cage is nearly to my chest, I'm 5' 9". It is like putting uphill on every hole. I would say the top of the cage is where one would normally aim on a regular basket, so I hit the basket a lot.
                3. The holes are usually pretty wet from what I have heard, soggy...seems like a low water table or whatever. Two or three of them were very wet when I was there on a dry, sunny day. This can be annoying in fairly tall grass. Grass will get tall in summer, not sure if they will be able to mow much of it with the level of wetness or not. Annoying looking for discs in it already, easy to not see them because the grass was just high enough to make it tough.
                4. It is at a church, this made me uncomfortable...probably wouldn't for lots of folks, but does for me.
                5. The 9th, last, hole pisses me off. There is a nasty pond near the hole, I put my favorite disc in it, but did manage to pull it out from the middle with a giant stick. But the hole itself is covered, almost completely, by a weeping willow tree's branches, when it actually has leaves it will be impossible to get it in even from a few feet unless they trim it.
                6. I will give them credit for at least having laminated tee signs on stakes at each hole to give you an idea of where to go, not to mention it's easy to see the holes. However, the tee pads are short and nonexistent.
                7.Overall, I just found myself wanting to get to the last hole to leave. I will go to Lincoln Park when I'm up that way...at least until they demolish it in the coming future.

I don't mean to bash it, but I think I just did. I guess it's just not my cup o tea. That should help a bit though.

Comment

Or tell us how you really feel LOL
                  PDGA # 52916
                  CRDGC
                  TCDGC
                  FWWDGC
                  PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                    Or tell us how you really feel LOL
                    hehehe, yeah I guess I got carried away.

Comment

Thanks for the review.

I was just up the road, but didn't get a chance to check it out yet

Comment

Played it today and also listed it on DGCR - kind of reminds me of the object course in Mount Vernon except with baskets. Church is advertising along HWY 101 that it is open to the public
                        'Weekend 4 Women':
                        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
                          4. It is at a church, this made me uncomfortable...probably wouldn't for lots of folks, but does for me.
                          I just found myself wanting to get to the last hole to leave. .
                          are you afraid of lightning strikes or that you will just burst into flames?
                          jk

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                            are you afraid of lightning strikes or that you will just burst into flames?
                            jk
                            both

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X