Medford. Baskets... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Medford. Baskets...

    ___
    Last edited by Bryon_Harris; April 11th, 2012, 07:49 PM.

  • #2
    ---
    Last edited by Bryon_Harris; April 11th, 2012, 07:49 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, tell the rest of us already....
      If I have to join Facebook to find out, it will stay a mystery.
      How will Treelove (the only other person I know that doesn't FB) and I ever find out!

      Comment


      • #4
        more "prime time" info please

        Originally posted by Bryon_Harris View Post
        Apparently no one reads this from med anymore. Go to Facebook and join the Rouge Valley Disc Association group if you want more info.
        Hey Bry,
        Does that include us that don't live in Meddy?
        I typically enjoy reading your posts on this forum.
        Are you still in Maine?
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bryon_Harris View Post
          Apparently no one reads this from med anymore. Go to Facebook and join the Rouge Valley Disc Association group if you want more info.
          Uh, no thanks. A lot of people do read this forum and are very interested in information about new courses, course upgrades, and how to support them or play them. And if the info is online somewhere it seems like it could be shared here without a problem. Unless the goal here is to keep it secret, in which case, never mind.

          Comment


          • #6
            Bryon its not quite ready for primetime and the goal is not to stay secret. The development is still in its early stages so we havent really brought it out to the public yet. I was just letting the local club members know that we have a place to play finally and that any help would be appreciated.. There is a ton of work to do mainly blackberry clearing. Oh ya found out there is poison oak in there too. My forearms are on fire. If anyone wants to come out, check it out, help work, anything, let me know. We'll post more info as it becomes available.

            Comment


            • #7
              ---
              Last edited by Bryon_Harris; April 11th, 2012, 07:49 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dricks View Post
                Bryon its not quite ready for primetime and the goal is not to stay secret. The development is still in its early stages so we havent really brought it out to the public yet. I was just letting the local club members know that we have a place to play finally and that any help would be appreciated.. There is a ton of work to do mainly blackberry clearing. Oh ya found out there is poison oak in there too. My forearms are on fire. If anyone wants to come out, check it out, help work, anything, let me know. We'll post more info as it becomes available.
                No information, but we can come help work?
                I would, but I have no idea where the work would take place!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bryon_Harris View Post
                  There ya go all. Thanks J.

                  Didn't want to jump the gun because it's not my deal but thought there would be some intreast as the reply's show. Asking people to take one more step for information is not unreasonable for things which are not finalized. Just as you are free to go the trouble of posting that you will not do that Matt.

                  By making people take an extra step for information it shows intent and intreast on their part. This disseminates the small amount of information that does exists only to those who take initiative to get it and thus keeps the information in responsible hands. This prevents me from miscommunication because yes, I'm not involved and am in Maine. Also was just trying to draw someone out who knew more and look...it worked.

                  I'm sure you qualify Yose. ;-). Good seeing you on here.
                  Sorry Bryon, I was just expressing interest in a new course in the area and trying to help you get out the word that it seemed you were trying to get out by pointing out that not everyone wants to join the Faceborg collective and you already found a great place to post the information.

                  Clearly I didn't grasp the intricacies of your communication plan. Glad to know that the information will be kept in the hands of only those with intent, interest, motivation and responsibility. And the other One Hundred Billion people on Facebook.
                  Last edited by Matt B.; April 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ---
                    Last edited by Bryon_Harris; April 11th, 2012, 07:49 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bryon_Harris View Post
                      OK then.

                      Again, I'm not personally involved, heard there is some progress, and thought there would be intreast here. Seeing how getting a course going down in Medford has had it's issues, I decided to tread lightly and refer intreasted parties to where there is already information.

                      The course in question is apparently some private land, which a party sympathetic to discers is allowing play and brush clearing for more holes. There are 9 or 12 holes, and a bunch of blackberries.

                      Go ahead and continue mocking my choice of words, and/or otherwise trolling.
                      Sorry you are feeling mocked Bryon, just thought it was a strange way to provide information. I guess I just don't get how pointing people to the information on Facebook is any different than posting it here, other than that those of us who aren't on Facebook (currently 12 people in the U.S.)can't see it or help out in any way. Doesn't make any sense to me, but your mileage clearly varies. I will now resume my trolling.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ---
                        Last edited by Bryon_Harris; April 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bryon_Harris View Post
                          Again not my info so I referred instead of retransmitting.

                          It's funny that you will claim that this isn't mocking but hey, if this is how you talk to your friends then good luck to them.



                          The RVDA page is about the most obscure thing on Facebook so you might be a bit off base.
                          Anyway, glad to help.
                          Sorry you are so upset Byron, I offer my apology again. Most people, including my friends, don't get all that bothered by a little online tweaking. You might need to re-consider participating in the internet, it's a freaking jungle out here!

                          I believe any Faceborg page is just as obscure and accessible as any other, unless it is in a closed group or restricted some way, so I think I'm right on base.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            yay for online tweaking!!!

                            mr. b,

                            i think you are now my favorite poster.

                            and if it weren't for your tweaking i still would be ignorant to the definition of one of my new favorite words "sartorial"... which over the past several months i have used, i believe, three whole times in conversation...

                            anyway, i think you're clever and thoughtful and i like it. and you apologize when people get their feelings hurt which is good of you.

                            emma
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                              mr. b,

                              i think you are now my favorite poster.

                              and if it weren't for your tweaking i still would be ignorant to the definition of one of my new favorite words "sartorial"... which over the past several months i have used, i believe, three whole times in conversation...

                              anyway, i think you're clever and thoughtful and i like it. and you apologize when people get their feelings hurt which is good of you.

                              emma
                              Aw shucks.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X