X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Course!!! (St. Helens, OR)

Brand New 9 hole course has just been built in St. Helens, Or. @ Yankton Community Fellowship Church. Course is open for the public but is closed on sundays and during other church functions. Please check in at office if you are unshure if the course is open. Y.C.F. is a 9 hole course with 7 baskets. #3, #5, #9 all share the same basket. All tees are concrete and have tee signs. #4 and #6 tees are shared. Pictures and more info are posted on the disc golf scene website.
    Last edited by smchap; March 12th, 2012, 08:45 AM.

Thanks for posting here Sean and great work with the course and layout. Look forward to playing some more rounds with you guys. For those that don't want to search for it, here is the link to the Disc Golf Scene page... http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses...ity_Fellowship

Comment

Awesome, I'm going to have to check it out on my way home today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
        Awesome, I'm going to have to check it out on my way home today.
        Tempting to join you now that we have daylight savings. Might be a little wet out there today. Sean C plays out there almost every day I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
          Tempting to join you now that we have daylight savings. Might be a little wet out there today. Sean C plays out there almost every day I think.
          Yeah, I try to get out there just about everyday after work. I don't think i'll be making it out today cause of the high winds. The rain usually doesnt stop me from going out LOL!!! I'm usually out there around 4pm most week days. You are welcome to join me.

Comment

I'll be out there today around 6pm pending reasonable weather. I'll robably start frequenting after work. (4:30ish)

Comment

I'll be out there today around 6pm pending reasonable weather. I'll robably start frequenting after work. (4:30ish)
              If the weather isn't horrible I might swing by at 6 and play with you then. Curious to see if you can get more than 3 under on your first round. There are a couple holes that you just have to hit the right spot or take a drop. Risk Reward. Deuce or Die.

Comment

u got them to consent to letting you throw over the graveyard. good work sir

Comment

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
                  u got them to consent to letting you throw over the graveyard. good work sir
                  Yeah - Hole 8 does freak me out a little bit for that aspect. Supposed to be a simple hyzer to be safe, until you don't quite make it there, then you have to drop AND walk on dead people.

Comment

Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
                    Yeah - Hole 8 does freak me out a little bit for that aspect. Supposed to be a simple hyzer to be safe, until you don't quite make it there, then you have to drop AND walk on dead people.
                    Its great to see other people out there using the course!!! Its still work in progress. If you could, could you leave a review on the disc golf scene letting us know what you all think. Any suggestions? I'll be out there tomorrow around 4ish if anyone is up for a round. Thanks again.

Comment

Has anyone had a chance to play the new course out in St. Helens? How is it?

Comment

Played the course yesterday. I threw an XD into the cow pasture on hole 3. What is the preferred method of retrieval? I would really like to get it back.

As for the course: I can't say it suites me very well. There are a lot of houses/structures used as obstacles on the course. I don't really like the idea of hitting a house/structure, especially when there are windows. Honestly, that part of the course really threw me off. And unfortunately I didn't see an obvious way of fixing that problem.

Thank you for your efforts to get a course in. I think it ought to suite some of the younger Yanton church crowd just fine.

Comment

Played the course yesterday. I threw an XD into the cow pasture on hole 3. What is the preferred method of retrieval? I would really like to get it back.

As for the course: I can't say it suites me very well. There are a lot of houses/structures used as obstacles on the course. I don't really like the idea of hitting a house/structure, especially when there are windows. Honestly, that part of the course really threw me off. And unfortunately I didn't see an obvious way of fixing that problem.

Thank you for your efforts to get a course in. I think it ought to suite some of the younger Yanton church crowd just fine.
                          Hey Sean, I got your disc yesterday. It is up at the church. We are working on getting some step ladders to get over the fences there. Everyone has just been crawling under the fence to retrieve discs. Asfore the course, it definetly isnt for long throwers. What it does have is everything else(left, right, up, and down). Its a good local course for most disc golfers in the area. You are right about the windows, There is no other way to design the course to avoid windows. We are working on putting up some kind of window covers. What is the best time that we can meet up to get your disc back? Thanks again for your input on the course. We are fully awear of the problems with the windows and will do the best to fix it. It's still work in progress. Unfourtinitly, City of St. Helens doesnt want a course here. A group of us pursued it first. I'll talk with ya soon Sean.

Comment

Sweet, I'm usually in the area around 4:30 most days heading home after work. Just name a weekday and I'll come out.

Comment

Sweet, I'm usually in the area around 4:30 most days heading home after work. Just name a weekday and I'll come out.
                              Your phone number is on the back of the disc. I'll give you a call in the next couple of days. Thanks Sean. Talk to you soon.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X