X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Point State Park

The baskets are in at Paradise Point State Park. This new 9 hole course is in thanks to the cooperative effort of Washington State Parks, the Parks Foundation of Clark County, a generous donation of $5,000 and the sweat and expertise of a crew of hard working disc golfers.

Check out the first day photos on facebook at: http://j.mp/xT2972

8 of the 9 baskets are up today. The 9th should go up tomorrow. A small crew of volunteers will be working on tee pads and signs during this coming week. You must have a Discovery Pass to enter the park. Details at http://discoverpass.wa.gov/

We'll hopefully have a NWDGNF home page and a DGScene home page for this course soon.

paradise

Glad to have a new home course and the bentley baskets are awesome!
    hope to see more people out there playing and get the tee pads in soon.
    Thank you to all the people that helped with the course.
    Josh

Comment

I really like the under-the-freeway shot. Don Dahvee in Monterey, CA has/had a hole like that.

Unfortunately, the $10 fee will keep me away from this course unless I think to stop by after hiking Hamilton Mountain or something.

(But, note that in 2012, Washington State Parks will be fee-free on March 18-19, June 9, September 29, and November 10-12.)
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Great job guys! Very excited to play this course soon.
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353
        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Josh let us know when you can make it out!
          Be awesome to get a round in with ya
          Josh

Comment

Any more info about this course? Is it stroller friendly? Easy to locate from the entrance? Worth the $10? Was thinking of quickly stopping here for a stretch and quick round with the family on my way to Portland. Any info would be much appreciated.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

bump

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Here's the latest map for the course.

The ground is VERY wet so I would NOT say the course is stroller friendly.

There are currently no signs directing you to the disc golf course when you enter the park. However, all you have to do is turn left when you enter the park and head down the hill till you get to the parking area under the freeway. Be sure to print a map before you go so you can find your way.

Comment

Thank you

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Washington State parks will not require a day use pass on March 18th and 19th.

Comment

For immediate release!

The newest disc golf course in Southwest Washington will be dedicated this Sunday, March 18th, 2012 at 1 p.m. The course was made possible thanks to forward thinking park rangers, local volunteers and a generous donation from an anonymous local resident.

Volunteers have been busy working at the park building the course over the past month. The 9 hole course 80% complete and volunteers are waiting for dryer weather to complete the rest of the course. Even though the course isn't officially completed numerous golfers have made there way to the park to try out the new course already.

The events on Sunday will start at 10 a.m. with competitive rounds of golf, along with a long distance drive competition, putting contests and more. The dedication ceremony will take place at 1 p.m.

The disc golf course is located in the north end of the park under the I-5 freeway. The dedication corresponds with a free admission day at all Washington State Parks so the public will be able to attend the dedication free of charge.

Comment

Thanks to Stumptown Disc Golf, Next Adventure and Firefly Disc Golf we have tons of swag to give away as prizes and just for fun. Come out rain or shine. I'm told the "anonymous" donor will be there to see what this "disc golf" sport is all about, so please come out and help them feel like their money was well spent!

Comment

Facebook info: http://www.facebook.com/events/378288645528668/

Comment

Many thanks to everyone who worked hard to get this new course in the ground. Its obvious you guys put in a lot of hard work. I had a fun time checking the place out! Hopefully, we will start to see more courses going in to WA State Parks!
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Article in The Columbian. Great job Myk Nemeth, Josh Pierce, and Steve Carson for all your hard work in making this happen.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2012/m...-park-in-nort/
                              PDGA# 49616
                              Stumptown# 353
                              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X