Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is gonna be a beast, over 10k feet long! (10,757.38') Dave, Tyler, and everyone else that got this here great job. Bryan thank you so much for all you continue to do for our sport in this area.

I'm so ready to get to work.

I have no hope of parring this course anytime soon, But I think I could par holes 3,7,18 and maybe birdie hole 5. Though I will fall short of reaching Par level anytime soon, I cannot wait to spend a ton of time trying. That is what will make newer players better. The best did not practice only on the small courses, but went to places like Milo or tougher to push themselves beyond their comfort zone. This area is loaded with short and or technical courses for all to learn and enjoy, now we have a close course that will be Tough and REALLY long! All the people who would rather play shorter courses should be overjoyed that they will suddenly find parking, and more frequent tee pad openings on their favorite short course, while many travel to the new challenges Blue lake will offer.

I will be the 1st one in line to get my yearly parking pass once the course is in and open. Additionally I am eager to get to work with any help needed in woodworking, grinding, digging, pruning, planting, raking, brush removing, pouring, typing, or whatever (ing) needs done.
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
      All the people who would rather play shorter courses should be overjoyed that they will suddenly find parking, and more frequent tee pad openings on their favorite short course, while many travel to the new challenges Blue lake will offer.

Comment

I for one am super excited for this course to come to fruition.
        It will be nice to see the big guns have a place to stretch out at.
        Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

yup.... i like it denny.

btw: anybody here feel like getting pistol-whipped with a airsoft gun? apparently my boss did

Comment

New Article on Blue Lake

http://www.theoutlookonline.com/news...43201565258900
            PDGA# 49616
            Stumptown# 353
            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
              Good article, thanks for posting
              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Awesome news!! Having a pro level course to play here in p town will only help us to get better!! I think a world class course is a huge Benifit to anyone who Plays or wants to learn. I'll be watching for future posts and am ready to help any way possible!

Comment

bluelake

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  It bothers me because Blue Lake Park is a very popular place, and it could potentially expose a lot of newbies to disc golf. If this is their first experience with the sport, it may seem ridiculously frustrating, and it's not going to encourage them to return. (How many throws will it take a first-timer to go 974 feet?)

I wish there were either short tees installed from Day 1, or a 9-hole family-friendly pitch-and-putt course squeezed somewhere into that 70 acres.
                  there are plenty of courses in the Portland area that i would consider a beginner friendly course.I feel ANY course put in or improved is a benefit to all of us.I feel this would help any future aspirations of having a Worlds or more A tier events.It would also take some pressure off local courses where most of us involved...began and still enjoy.Let the work partys begin and learn to appreciate any course regardless of your current skill level.I will be helping and thank you to Dave,Jeff,Tyler,Carl and all who kept this project(that we will all benefit from)going foward.

Comment

Is it ready yet ?-). I'm gonna throw everything as a par three and my fragile ego will just need to deal with triples or worse.

Comment

Why would anyone play everything as a 3? Do people do that on a stick golf course...doubtful. Par 4s and 5s have been part of this game since its inception, I have the paperwork to prove it. What's wrong with a course that challenges you to set up your next shot? And why is it not accepted that much longer holes with tough terrain deserve a 4 or 5? And please don't claim, "To keep the math easy"...REALLY. What, can't anyone add or subtract 1 from your current score? I wager any visiting pros will play the 4s and 5s as such. It is a wonderful aspect of the game...many should try it...it may catch on...lol.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                        Why would anyone play everything as a 3? Do people do that on a stick golf course...doubtful. Par 4s and 5s have been part of this game since its inception, I have the paperwork to prove it. What's wrong with a course that challenges you to set up your next shot? And why is it not accepted that much longer holes with tough terrain deserve a 4 or 5? And please don't claim, "To keep the math easy"...REALLY. What, can't anyone add or subtract 1 from your current score? I wager any visiting pros will play the 4s and 5s as such. It is a wonderful aspect of the game...many should try it...it may catch on...lol.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you JMan, I would suggest you do not take this logic-based argument anywhere near Sea-Tac. The yahoos up there are still claiming its a par 54.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                          Why would anyone play everything as a 3?
                          Math is hard.

Comment

this new math must be base3...roflmao
                            educate your thinking

Comment

so what is the update on physical progress?

Comment

The project is funded and will definitely be moving forward. I'll post more information after our next planning meeting scheduled for January 31st.
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X