X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
    Vance and Rockwood are both really close to Blue Lake. Why not just put up a sign that directs newer players there?
    That's a good idea. I hope there's some kind of disclaimer at Teepad #1 that says "This is a pro-level disc golf course. If you're just starting out, you may be happier at Vance Park." (By the way, what's the status of Columbia View Park? That's even closer.)

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
    Really? Most people throw 200' the first time they toss a disc? From what I've seen, they're lucky to break 100'.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The McMahan's are super excited to see this course go forward, and neither of us are big arms. Count us both in for the upcoming work parties.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Really? Most people throw 200' the first time they toss a disc? From what I've seen, they're lucky to break 100'.
        Maybe not the very first throw, but with good instruction I've seen most hit 200 within the 30 minutes.

Columbia View is in Ty Baker's capable hands. Very close to completion.

Comment

Austin, TX is building a brand new Formula One track so the best drivers in the world will come and race there... WAIT!!! They better make a go-kart track in case someone new wants to try their hand at racing.

New York, NY made a brand new baseball stadium for the Yankees... WAIT!!! they better make a little league field too, so new players can play also...

Anyone see parallels?

Guys,

For the umpteenth time... Blue Lake was ALWAYS meant to be a WORLD CLASS course FIRST, not a pitch & putt.

Instead of whining every time something doesn't perfectly suit YOUR needs, how about you bite your tongue and simply appreciate and support the work that people have been doing.

You'll get your short pads in due time, but for now either get on board or get out of the way, because the people who are not bitching are ready to get to WORK.

PS: It is so damned disappointing to see people bitching about this garbage already I can't even believe it.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            Austin, TX is building a brand new Formula One track so the best drivers in the world will come and race there... WAIT!!! They better make a go-kart track in case someone new wants to try their hand at racing.

New York, NY made a brand new baseball stadium for the Yankees... WAIT!!! they better make a little league field too, so new players can play also...

Anyone see parallels?

Guys,

For the umpteenth time... Blue Lake was ALWAYS meant to be a WORLD CLASS course FIRST, not a pitch & putt.

Instead of whining every time something doesn't perfectly suit YOUR needs, how about you bite your tongue and simply appreciate and support the work that people have been doing.

You'll get your short pads in due time, but for now either get on board or get out of the way, because the people who are not bitching are ready to get to WORK.

PS: It is so damned disappointing to see people bitching about this garbage already I can't even believe it.
            Well gosh, if you can't come up with something that is all things to all people, why even bother spending hundreds of hours working for free to provide it?

Comment

I am excited for this, this will now be the closest course to my office and will give me a chance to take some long lunches and play a round or two.
              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

Anyone see parallels?
                No, I don't see parallels. People already know about car racing and baseball; there's not much of a curiosity factor there. But disc golf in Blue Lake Park is a potentially major P.R. opportunity.

I wouldn't mind so much if they'd just omitted the "beginners" bit from their announcement.

And c'mon, I never said that we shouldn't have really long courses. I just think that if we can — with some extra concrete — basically create TWO courses instead of one, and serve a larger audience, we should do it. Not later, but right away.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

if anyone complains about this course again, i swear i will vomit all over... ummm... i was going to say your shoes, but i guess it would really be my keyboard... so i'll do my best not to vomit, but seriously, c'mon people... this is so clearly not something to complain about...
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Ok, we can't please everyone with a single piece of property, but lets keep this thread as positive as well can. Anyway you slice it, this is a good thing... and to some of us... it is a GREAT thing.
                    Last edited by Bullseye; December 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM.
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

But Jeff, they still haven't started complaining about the holes that are left or right freindly and the people who may oppose those. Think of those who can only throw straight.

I get the point Adam but take the time to promote a short course rather than complain to the people building new courses. The energy complaining could be so much better spent. Even the energy I am expending to write a response could be used in so many better ways.
                      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

It appears it would be easier to keep specific course details on the Schneid until the course is ready for play. However that wouldn't do much for gathering the collective energy needed to help put this course in the ground would it?

Comment

When is the next work party? I'll be in the Portland area until around the 27th.
                          Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

When is the next work party? I'll be in the Portland area until around the 27th.
                            well done, chase. positive, proactive, and putting the conversation back where it needs to be. i like your attitude, young man.
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

We are all wondering the same thing. Though since the course officially has funding now..we may have our first work party soon. Let's go Blue Lake, and whiners please stay home!

Comment

Dang it all, I want a course that has nothing but RHBH bomb hyzers and anything inside the circle is considered good...no putting

Seriously. In my experience, the length/difficulty of a course has ZERO impact on beginners playing it. Try playing a round at Santa Cruz on a wednesday around noon. Could be a lot of fun if you like playing behind 6-10somes of single disc players (Louies, as we used to call them)
                                Or go out to Mt Bachelor in the summer and check out the familys playing with "Humphry Flyers" and having an absolute blast.

MAKE IT AND THEY WILL COME!!

This is absolutely the BEST news that I have heard concerning Disc Golf in Oregon since I relocated here 7 yrs ago. Way to go and BIG props to ALL who have taken on this incredible task.

Now hurry up and get it in....I need another reason to head over the Mtns.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X