X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    There are now 9 baskets with marked tee pads! The course will be very difficult to navigate as it covers a lot of area and there are some walks between holes. We will be working on a map after the first of the year, until then Package Express in Olympia will have info on directions. The baskets are in preliminary positions until we can get a work party out there to clean up the fairways and open up the greens. A couple of the holes are pretty thick, but the course is playable and there are definitely some fun golf shots to be had out there.
    Is there any chance you could describe where course is? Or some of the course? I'm not always able to make it to Package Express.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pagl View Post
      Is there any chance you could describe where course is? Or some of the course? I'm not always able to make it to Package Express.

Thanks.
      It starts near the childcare facility in the area with the shot put cage. Then you cross the street and head to the soccer fields and a few holes play around there.

Please keep in mind that the baskets are just there to give something to throw at, very little design has gone into it, and even less clearing.
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

It starts near the childcare facility in the area with the shot put cage. Then you cross the street and head to the soccer fields and a few holes play around there.

Please keep in mind that the baskets are just there to give something to throw at, very little design has gone into it, and even less clearing.
        Understood, thanks.

Comment

my brother and I almost went up there yesterday, but i didnt want to fight past the mall crowd to get the map from PackEx

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
            my brother and I almost went up there yesterday, but i didnt want to fight past the mall crowd to get the map from PackEx
            Currently, there is NO map.

Comment

Currently, there is NO map.
              kevin had roughly scratched it out for me once before

is it very tough to figure out with out one?

Comment

Hey guys, just checking in on an update... I live only a few minutes from Evergreen and recently moved home and am really excited to hear there might be a course growing at TESC. Let me know how I can help and what the status is of the baskets. Please and thanks.

Preston

Comment

There are now 9 baskets with marked tee pads! The course will be very difficult to navigate as it covers a lot of area and there are some walks between holes. We will be working on a map after the first of the year, until then Package Express in Olympia will have info on directions. The baskets are in preliminary positions until we can get a work party out there to clean up the fairways and open up the greens. A couple of the holes are pretty thick, but the course is playable and there are definitely some fun golf shots to be had out there.
                  the wife and I finally were given a guided tour of this course,
                  (it was needed, we would have never figured it out on our own)
                  there is some real potential out there, we played 12 holes (1-3 twice)
                  I really liked some of the holes

Comment

We are planning on heading out there Thursday to rearrange some of the holes, and add a new one in. I would not recommend anybody to try and play it now without some guidance. We are moving very slow with this course, so bear with us as it will happen, but Woodland Creek Park is priority one for the club.

If your looking to get involved, the best way would be to visit Kevin at Package Express on the West side of Oly and join the club.

Comment

i forgot to ask, is the hole on the far side of the soccer field gone now?
                      and did you put one in at the end of the paved path, as you first come to the fields (by the shipping container) ?

Comment

i forgot to ask, is the hole on the far side of the soccer field gone now?
                        and did you put one in at the end of the paved path, as you first come to the fields (by the shipping container) ?
                        We did rearrange the baskets, but we need to rearrange the tee signs still.

Comment

We did rearrange the baskets, but we need to rearrange the tee signs still.
                          the signs have now been moved
                          a little better flow

Comment

SPSDGA has received approval for 18 holes in the areas near the soccer fields and in the woods behind the challenge course.

we are now in the process of finding some tees, fairways, and greens in the woods, to go with the holes already being used in the fields.
                            stay tuned for more info
                            Last edited by matt; February 15th, 2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

9 so far, 9 to go

Comment

9 so far, 9 to go
                                The wooods we can use seemed so big at first, but now the more time I spend in these woods, the smaller they seem to get.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X