X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evergreen State College

The SPSDGA will be installing a few practice baskets at the Evergreen State College in Olympia tomorrow. These baskets will be part of a pilot program to see if disc golf fits in with the college. This is a great step in the right direction for disc golf and the College.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Way to go "Greeners" and all others up in olywa...
    educate your thinking

Comment

Nice! Keep us posted Chris about whether it becomes permanent or not.
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Dang, I'm sad I missed this post by a day. How did it go at Evergreen?

I was just getting into disc golf when I attended Evergreen and they were not warm to the idea of a disc golf course - at all, not even a few holes. I guess there had been something set up there in years past - and they didn't like the marks left on the trees.

Very glad to see the college is becoming more accepting of the sport.

Go Geoducks!!!!!
        WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Things went well. There are 4 baskets located around the soccer fields. This will be a 90 day trial run to see about installing a permanent course. We are moving slow with them in order to build a solid relationship. There is a lot of land around Evergreen that could potentially be used.

Mike, you are right about DG in Evergreen past. One of our club members has an article from the Olympian newspaper from the 80's. They used to hold events, object golf, that's why the trees were getting beat up so badly.

Comment

There are now 5 baskets at TESC. Thanks to another donation from Package Express, the SPSDGA was able to place a new Bentley Basket on campus.

Comment

Evergreen aproved the installation of a permanent 9 hole course. Im not sure of a time frame, because of the new Woodland Creek course, but there are still 5 portables out there.

Comment

I haven't heard anything about this one, for a couple months?

What's the status?

Comment

There is a temp course laid out with 4 baskets right now. The other 5 will be placed within the next couple of weeks (we are working on getting cable to lock them up). We will be taking on this project full time after the installation of WCP.

Comment

There are now 9 baskets with marked tee pads! The course will be very difficult to navigate as it covers a lot of area and there are some walks between holes. We will be working on a map after the first of the year, until then Package Express in Olympia will have info on directions. The baskets are in preliminary positions until we can get a work party out there to clean up the fairways and open up the greens. A couple of the holes are pretty thick, but the course is playable and there are definitely some fun golf shots to be had out there.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                      There are now 9 baskets with marked tee pads! The course will be very difficult to navigate as it covers a lot of area and there are some walks between holes. We will be working on a map after the first of the year, until then Package Express in Olympia will have info on directions. The baskets are in preliminary positions until we can get a work party out there to clean up the fairways and open up the greens. A couple of the holes are pretty thick, but the course is playable and there are definitely some fun golf shots to be had out there.
                      kevin had told me about this on fri., and i was going to try and get out there
                      but i ran out of steam and time
                      sat morning i felt like i needed to go police shelton springs for leftover glow debris, and see if i could find a missing light
                      good work guys

Comment

GREAT PLACE for a discgolf course!!! Way to go Gilby and guys. I hope this takes off. Its too bad Gilby and BA cant play it considering its location so close to a school. Or is that just elementary schools. What will it be called? Ted Bundy went to evergreen. Probably wouldnt be a good name tho..

Comment

Ted Bundy did not go to TESC. He did grab one of his victims from F-lot though.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                            Hey Chris,

If/when I make my way down there you think I can get a guided tour, assuming you're available, at both the Evergreen and Lacey courses? That would be super. Might even bring BA with me if I can put up with him for that long of a drive down.

"What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                              Hey Chris,

If/when I make my way down there you think I can get a guided tour, assuming you're available, at both the Evergreen and Lacey courses? That would be super. Might even bring BA with me if I can put up with him for that long of a drive down.

I would be happy to show you around both courses. Give me as much notice as you can, I have a pretty flexible work schedule. The deals off if you bring BA though. That guy was gonna charge me to camp at his house!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X