Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New course in Yakima, coming soon to a park near you.

Just got the go ahead to get started on a course here in Yakima. Next step is to get a layout to the park director for approval and work on getting funding for all the equipment. Any suggestions? Ideas? People to get in touch with here in Central Washington? Contacts in Cle Elum? Tri Cities? Ellensburg? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

what are you doing all the way in Yakima Jesse? Is that your new hood or are you just helping out the dg community like you always do?
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
      what are you doing all the way in Yakima Jesse? Is that your new hood or are you just helping out the dg community like you always do?
      Yak town is my new hood. I decided that I want to be a little rougher around the edges so this seemed like a perfect fit. You will have to come over here when things get up and running and check out our little slice of heaven.

Comment

Bummer you are no longer over here on the west side but am glad you are making things happen there. I WILL take you up on that offer once that course gets in as I need to play another one or two coures over in that area. Hope all is well brother.

JR S
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Jesse, we miss you around the tall trees of Lake Stevens. Hope all is well in Yak town. Hit me up when you make it back to this side of the hills. Good job getting a course rolling out there. You rock!

Striking out on finding someone excited enough to run the Highway 9 Invitational this year. Oh well.. Get your butt back for the Freeze In The Trees. Most likely in sunny January.

peace out hippy mofo!
          BA

Comment

disc golf in tri cities

my name is kyle i am VP of a new club columbia river disc golf club. we wish you the best on your endevours. we will be doing the same shortly for a new or a couple new courses here. go to our website CRdiscgolf.com
            also go to one of our events on saturday at 1 and then if you can come to our meeting this sat at 11 at kimos or go to our next club meeting in december. the reason is dennis rockwell is in our club and he designed two rivers and did that course all by himself. which sounds familar! again good luck
            "Procrastination is like masturbation, at first it feels good but, after awhile you realize your just screwing yourself!".
            -K Gas

Comment

Sounds good. I will try and make the december event. If you could hit me up a week or so early and remind me that would be awesome. So far so good. Im attending the yakima county parks commision meeting this wednesday to give a presentation about disc golf and the potential for the community. The parks commision is on board with the idea. So its just about finding some funding and a layout that works for everyone. Also working with the board at Sarg Hubbard park to get a course installed there. They like the idea and are reviewing the layout provided to them. I would greatly appreciate any input or advice on layouts and ways to get the community at large involved in the process. My names Jesse and were still in the initial phases of getting our club up and running. So far Ive got nothing but positive feedback and interest from those I have talked to.

Comment

Parks commission has given approval to build a course here in Yakima. Everything went well last week at the meeting and all the members were interested in disc golf and the benifits to the community as a whole. Next step is to get together with the director of yakima county parks and work out which park would be best suited for a course. Again, any suggestions on how to gather sponsors for the course? Best way to present this opportunity to businesses? Everyone involved is super excited about disc golf coming back to yakima. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Find yourself an Eagle Scout candidate. Those kids open doors that might not open otherwise. They also have a troopful of scouts looking for service time to get their various badges
                  Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Disc golf yakima

Well as far as ideas go our club has met with city of Richland for a new course as well as Kennewick for a course! My suggestion for you to get sponsors is to go talk to the rotary of Yakima. My brother who was really involved with them said they love to give out donations to organizations especially those that Benicia children so that is my goal here is to talk to them about a 5000 dollar sponsorship. Before going into that though I will be talking to the local YMCA as well as local community centers to have myself or other club members donate time to help local kids in the community with learning disc golf! I know that sounds like a lot but 8 Thursday afternoons in the summer for 2 hours isn't that much considering that by donating that time before you ask for money will go a long way in a big donation! Just formulate a well thought out plan and have more than yourself show up! Look on innovas website and they have a pre made brochure on there on how to take things to your city p and r! Great information! I like the idea on the eagle scouts! Also if your doing signs go talk to the local college art department for help! Ask them to draw up some art for holes and ask them for sponsorships that don't involve money but involve time consuming work! Tell them that the college logo will be on every sign! Go talk to local business. Local businesses donate money much more! Also try and find a local Minot Matt that might be willing to have discs for sale in there store. Get them all the contact info and have them be the local place to go to buy discs! A store would love that! Money obviously is and will be the hardest thing. Just go for the big donar, cause all you will need is that one to get it all paid for!
                    Respectfully Kyle smart

Originally posted by BigBubbBelly View Post
                    Parks commission has given approval to build a course here in Yakima. Everything went well last week at the meeting and all the members were interested in disc golf and the benifits to the community as a whole. Next step is to get together with the director of yakima county parks and work out which park would be best suited for a course. Again, any suggestions on how to gather sponsors for the course? Best way to present this opportunity to businesses? Everyone involved is super excited about disc golf coming back to yakima. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Alright Ive got another meeting with the parks and rec department this thursday. Things are going well with the city. Looks like they are going to let us put in a tone pole course to start with out at Randall Park. The parks department is looking at September to start installing baskets. As far as Sarg Hubbard Park goes, the park director is ok with our layout so far. A few changes here and there that need to be worked out. All we need to do now is gather donations for the baskets. We are aiming for early to mid April to start installing baskets there.
                      Also I am trying to put together an Ice Bowl event out at Sarg Hubbard Park this Febuary. Im looking to get portable baskets loaned to us for a day so that we could play the potential layout of the course at Sarg Hubbard. Any suggestions? Ideas on who to talk to? Advice?
                      If you know someone who might be interested in this event, please let me know. Ive got one basket lined up so far. Its a start, but Ive still got a long way to go.
                      Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Comment

One thing to try, in reference to buying baskets, is seek sponsorships of a basket from a local business. Then have an engraved plaque instaled on the basket...for the business it's cheep longterm advertising. Good luck...
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Thats what I was thinking too! Ive got four or five businesses on board already, so things are rolling in the right direction.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X