X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenacres Park, Spokane Valley

I just got word from a friend about a new course in Spokane Valley. I hadn't heard anything about a course going in so I went a checked it out. After the city finished installing sewer along the Mission corridor west of Barker the started working on Greenacres Park at the corner of Long and Boone, just south of mission and east of Flora. Apparently they also had plans that not very many knew about to install a small 9 hole disc golf course there as well. There is parking, a small childrens play area, restrooms, and 9 new Mach 5's with cement teepads. I am not sure who the brainchild was behind this but it's neat to see. I do remember mentioning disc golf as a nice use for the park in a flyer the city mailed out to residents to gain feedback for the park last year but I never heard anything since. Who knows? maybe it was my mentioning of disc golf that prompted it. Regardless, it's still cool to see. For those who are interested in checking it out I should warn you that the dirt area where the baskets are just got hydroseeded so I doubt anyone will be playing there anytime real soon, but as soon as the grass takes root it will be a decent small addition to the Valley. Looks more like a little pitch-n-putt than anything. It is a small park after all.

I have confirmed the existence of this hidden course. Its definitely a pitch and putt. Its also sweet to see. Good practice for upshots and off-handed shots. Or to let the kids play while you have an ace race with your buddies.

Kudos to all the people that made this happen !
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

i have also been there and seen it, looks fun, and new! finally something in the valley. next a 18 hole?!?!?!
      Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

Way to go Thpokane Valley! That park needed it. There are some other wonderful areas out there that could easily handle 18...Mach V's, just received a sunburst orange powder coated Mach V, my fav basket. I'll be checking this out on the next trip up. Again, well done.
        'J'
        educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X