Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New course in Tualatin?

anybody played here yet?

http://www.boonesferrycommunitychurch.org/disc-golf.htm

awesome even though it will be a 7 hole disc golf course it is still a course THANKS!
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    74 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Yeah, I drove by this place about a month ago when I was looking for apartments. I was driving down the street and was thinking they need a course in this area and then I saw the basket out of the corner of my eye. It took me two weeks to find the website on line. I just moved to wilsonville and I may go check this course out in the next week. I'll post my review on here. It's a church course, so we need to be respectful so they don't pull the pins.

Comment

Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
        awesome even though it will be a 7 hole disc golf course it is still a course THANKS!
        Seven baskets, 13 holes from what I could tell. Lots of crossing fairways by looking at the map. Still another course!

Comment

Website says they have 5 baskets (4 permanent, 1 portable), but map shows 7. The map may be the eventual layout.

I hope to make it out thers soon to check it out.

On a side note, that may be the most confusing map ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Website says they have 5 baskets (4 permanent, 1 portable), but map shows 7. The map may be the eventual layout.

Wow! Bring a helmet, that course looks dangerous , and confusing.
            PDGA# 49616
            Stumptown# 353
            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

the guy i met who told me about it said that it was still a work in progress... and it looks like the website is asking for donations to finish the course

Comment

I just played this course.

First of all, I'm as excited as the next guy to have a new course (especially one five minutes from where I work) and applaud anyone who spends the energy and money to put one in. With that being said, I don't think a disc golf course is a good fit for this property.

Aside from the crossing fairways, there are several concerns.

There are 3-4 holes where a long shot would go into a heavily used road.
                There are several holes where a long or errant shot would go into a neighboring yard.
                There are shots go directly over a heavily used community garden.
                There is a shot that goes directly over a parking lot. It's great when the lot is empty.
                There are a few shots where the church itself is in the line of fire.
                There are a few shots where the house on church property is in the line of fire.

I hope to find the course designer and offer my assistance with coming up with a design that will better use the available space.

Comment

thought you were describing Greenway there for a second, worst use of land ever...imo. Sounds like another, I sure hope they ask for some help, bad design hurts the game...
                  educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                    thought you were describing Greenway there for a second, worst use of land ever...imo. Sounds like another, I sure hope they ask for some help, bad design hurts the game...
                    Makes Greenway look like Milo.

Agree with your thoughts on poor design being bad for the game.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X