Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlton, OR - Wennerberg park

http://www.newsregister.com/article?...619--home-news

Interesting article featuring a lot of inaccurate statements and a course designer who thinks you should tag the baskets for an Ace!

Yeah that's a pretty bad article... I did go out and check out this little park the other day and it's a great course to introduce new people to the game. It's pretty short with hornings style baskets that work but the chains are heavy. I wouldn't make a special trip to play the park but if you are in the area its worth checking out.

Comment

Did you guys know that Horning's Hideout is a "sports bar"?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

"There are also courses in Newberg and Eugene, southeast of Newberg at Champoeg State Park, at McIver Park up in Clackamas County, and at Horning's Hideout, a sports bar in North Plains. The bar course is lighted, permitting night play."

Wow.... a bar course! That sounds like a helluva good time!!
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

This article is not bad... it is far, far worse than that.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            This article is not bad... it is far, far worse than that.
            Is there a new law against paragraphs that are longer than 2 sentences?

Comment

Yes. It's a subsection of the law stating that one cannot convey 100% accurate information in news articles.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

First Wennerberg ace was actually hit right after the news-register people left that day by my lovely girlfriend Kenna. And yes.....she tagged the basket! Golf tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Drymouth View Post
                  Golf tradition.
                  That doesn't make it right.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Golf tradition. Curious. So... people who get a hole in one in golf sign... what, exactly? The inside of the hole?

Good thing that this is not likely to be a place I frequent often. I hate graffiti...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

First Wennerberg ace was actually hit right after the news-register people left that day by my lovely girlfriend Kenna. And yes.....she tagged the basket! Golf tradition.
                      Sorry, but no, it's not a disc golf tradition. It's a vandalism tradition. If that is your course and your baskets you can do what you want. Otherwise, it's a db tradition and not cool at all.
                      Last edited by Matt B.; September 15th, 2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

"If you get one, you usually sign the basket," said Rist, who's had two in the two years he's been playing. "I haven't seen any signatures on the baskets in Carlton yet."

I know the course designer personally and from the statements I quoted above looks as if he incourages signing the basket. I think it's cool to see signatures on the basket, especially the blind holes where you can't see the basket from the tee. Almost every course I have been too has ace signatures or an ace pole. If signing baskets will keep people away I hope more aces are hit soon so our new little course doesn't turn into an Orchards Park kinda deal, busy!!! ("graffiti" on baskets there too!)

Comment

"If you get one, you usually sign the basket," said Rist, who's had two in the two years he's been playing. "I haven't seen any signatures on the baskets in Carlton yet."

I know the course designer personally and from the statements I quoted above looks as if he incourages signing the basket. I think it's cool to see signatures on the basket, especially the blind holes where you can't see the basket from the tee. Almost every course I have been too has ace signatures or an ace pole. If signing baskets will keep people away I hope more aces are hit soon so our new little course doesn't turn into an Orchards Park kinda deal, busy!!! ("graffiti" on baskets there too!)
                          He may encourage the defacing of the baskets, but he has no right to say so. Those are not his baskets they belong to the park.

Yes, the baskets at Orchard Park have been defaced. That doesn't make it right. People drink and smoke at the park all the time too.... That doesn't make it legal.

Comment

Yes, I am aware of what the article says, I posted it here. Yes, we know that baskets almost everywhere are tagged. It's still against the law, bad for disc golf, stupid, and ugly.

By the way, Rist is wrong when he says "If you get one, you usually sign the basket". The huge majority of people who get aces do NOT sign the basket. Period.

If Mr. Rist owns those baskets he can do what he wants. I definitely respect the work he did to get the course installed! If he doesn't own the baskets I am pretty sure the City wouldn't support the tagging. Basket tagging is NOT cool or a good thing to do.
                            Last edited by Matt B.; September 16th, 2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

sign your disc not the basket. disc is yours, basket is not. simple..

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X