X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland, OR 9 hole potential

Hello folks, new guy here with a query for assistance.

(Because I am very lazy, here is a copy/paste from my thread at DGCR.com)

So here is the story...

My mother-in-law is a council member in Oakland, Or. She has a 9 hole DGC that is ~half way done. From what I understand, the person who designed it and started everything moved on to California somewhere basically bailing on the whole bit.

The course is laid out, it just needs baskets, tee pads and signage. She has funding available and the go ahead from the parks department is only pending a final plan.

What she needs is someone in the area to help her see this through. She does not have much if any knowledge of disc golf(other than what I have told her, and I have been involved for a whopping couple of months). I would love to go down and get involved but family and work forbid it.

I thought I would post this here to see if there is anyone interested in helping put together a course down there.

If you could reply here with your interest, I will give you her contact information via PM, and answer any other questions to the best of my abilities...

Shawn

I'm interested

Originally posted by ke7wda View Post
    Hello folks, new guy here with a query for assistance.

(Because I am very lazy, here is a copy/paste from my thread at DGCR.com)

So here is the story...

My mother-in-law is a council member in Oakland, Or. She has a 9 hole DGC that is ~half way done. From what I understand, the person who designed it and started everything moved on to California somewhere basically bailing on the whole bit.

The course is laid out, it just needs baskets, tee pads and signage. She has funding available and the go ahead from the parks department is only pending a final plan.

What she needs is someone in the area to help her see this through. She does not have much if any knowledge of disc golf(other than what I have told her, and I have been involved for a whopping couple of months). I would love to go down and get involved but family and work forbid it.

I thought I would post this here to see if there is anyone interested in helping put together a course down there.

If you could reply here with your interest, I will give you her contact information via PM, and answer any other questions to the best of my abilities...

Shawn
    Hello Shawn,
    I know about this course as I was there in the earlier stages.
    Please contact me and I will follow this up.
    Thanks hombre.
    FWIW, I thought it was completed.
    Steven "Yose" Wright
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

PM Sent Flatroc

Comment

Wow, I was just talking to Sam, Keith, and other DGODers about how I hope when they replace the baskets at Lunchtime, that the hand-made art pieces which are the current baskets go to make a new course somewhere.

Maybe something could be worked out? I would guess that money (to go toward buying more replacement baskets in order to refit the entire Lunchtime course) would likely be involved.
        The people to contact I think would be Sam G, or Dan B.

This is not an official post, but I play one on TV.

Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Bentley

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Wow, I was just talking to Sam, Keith, and other DGODers about how I hope when they replace the baskets at Lunchtime, that the hand-made art pieces which are the current baskets go to make a new course somewhere.

Maybe something could be worked out? I would guess that money (to go toward buying more replacement baskets in order to refit the entire Lunchtime course) would likely be involved.
          The people to contact I think would be Sam G, or Dan B.

This is not an official post, but I play one on TV.

Thanks TL,
          I am currently working on getting some Bentley baskets there.
          BTW, I like your ratings based signature, but I think you should add the word "competitive" as there are still tons of dger's that don't know or care about ratings.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

Mildred Kanipe DGC

This course should be in the ground in the next few weeks.
            It will be a 6 hole course (Bentley's) with at least 2 pads per hole.
            Thanks to Pedbo for helping me finish up the design which will have some very fun and challenging holes. I hope to share some pic's soon.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X