Anyone know anything about the DGC at Whalers Rest in Newport OR... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about the DGC at Whalers Rest in Newport OR...

A friend of mine just got back from the beach and said he disced and I asked, "in Astoria?" and he said no in Newport... I checked the website and it says there is disc golf but that is as far as I got...

Any help?
    If you throw just for fun, you wait for the sun.:yay:
    But if you love the game, who cares if there is rain!!!:trophy:

I'm friends with a bunch of folks here trying to get a course up in Newport (or around Newport) and I've never heard of it. We need a course here badly.
    It's not whether you've won or lost, it's how many beers you were driven to drink after you're done.

Comment

I think there's a small 9 hole course at a Y camp at the coast. I looked it up, and it looks like Camp Westwind, which says it's between Lincoln City and Cascade Head.

Comment

Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
        I think there's a small 9 hole course at a Y camp at the coast. I looked it up, and it looks like Camp Westwind, which says it's between Lincoln City and Cascade Head.
        That's completely different.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I have been to one in that area. It took me forever to find it, and when I did, it was only open to KOA members or something. I explained to the guard that I had been looking for the course for some time and he allowed me to play a bit since I didn't have to borrow there Frisbees. I think every hole was about 50 feet in length. I played it through like four times in 15 minutes trying to get another Ace under my belt (lots of metal hits, no aces), but it was lame, and not worth returning to.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X