Start time: 10am

$10.00 entry fee

Event Schedule:
    Sat. March 19th
    Sat. April 2nd
    Sat. April 16th
    Sat. April 30th
    Sat. May 14th
    There's a disc golf course here? Or will be? What is the format for the tourney? Will it pay out/how?

Bob

Comment

Jerry Miller has been talking about a possible future course there for years.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The course was approved, this is the second fundraiser for it.

And if what I heard a couple weeks ago was right, they set up temp baskets at the park, not sure if it is the future layout or not.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          There's a disc golf course here? Or will be? What is the format for the tourney? Will it pay out/how?

Bob
          Jason Hardin handed me the flier for this event. The Hardin brothers along with Ty Baker and Disc Golf Depot are running this event.
          There will be 9 temp baskets used in different locations each event, to get a feel for what locations will be good for a permanent course.
          Format will change each event from singles to r/d doubles. Next event being dubs(4-2-11)
          There will be no cash payout. All entry fees will be used for the permanent course. Prizes will be handed out to top 3 in Amateur, Advance, and Pro.

Last event's prizes included liquor from a liquor sponsor, discs, towels, minis, t-shirts, water bottles and such

I think this park is good with elevation change and plenty of trees and room for a great course. There has been talk for a long time about this course and now is the time to come together and get this put in. The local Gresham courses Vance and Rockwood are overflowing with new players due to the growth of the sport, so getting this course and Blue Lake Park course built is crucial to meeting that growth.

Hope to see ya out there or at least donate the $10 or some shwagg to the cause.

Comment

Sounds like fun for a good cause. Hope to make it to a few of these.

Comment

is it 10 bucks per person or 10 bucks for the dubs team...
              If you throw just for fun, you wait for the sun.:yay:
              But if you love the game, who cares if there is rain!!!:trophy:

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Morris View Post
                is it 10 bucks per person or 10 bucks for the dubs team...
                $10 per person

Comment

If I have a prior meeting til 930, will I still have time to register if I arrive around 945 or 950
                  If you throw just for fun, you wait for the sun.:yay:
                  But if you love the game, who cares if there is rain!!!:trophy:

Comment

Registration from: 9am-10am
                    Start time: 10am

yup your good

Comment

So during doubles, Jeremy informed me of an alleged rule where in best shot partners can throw from separate lies, you dont have to choose 1 lie to play from... to which i said bullshit, and tried to look it up. still cant find it, it certainly isnt here: http://www.pdga.com/rules/rules-for-doubles... was wondering if anyone had heard this rule, or knows where it is stated??

Comment

Originally posted by 907miller View Post
                        So during doubles, Jeremy informed me of an alleged rule where in best shot partners can throw from separate lies, you dont have to choose 1 lie to play from... to which i said bullshit, and tried to look it up. still cant find it, it certainly isnt here: http://www.pdga.com/rules/rules-for-doubles... was wondering if anyone had heard this rule, or knows where it is stated??
                        Rules can vary since doubles tournaments tend to be more casual affairs. Some weeklies allow play like you've described above. The PDGA rules to not explicitly state that both players must play from the same lie, but it is implied.

Comment

I have always played dubs where you can split the shots(take your own). I'm not saying it is pdga approved, but people all over the country play by that rule.

Comment

Take a look at Jeremy's first post for the dates.
                            We are mixing up the layout. We are mixing up the events (singles / doubles)
                            This is a pure fund raiser and all prizes are donated. Yes, Thank you to the sponsers!
                            10 dallors per person.

Baskets have been bought! We are working on Tee Pad money and trying to make a good positive showing to the locals so they will let us put the course in.

Please, show up and have some fun. Weather looks in our favor.

Comment

Oh yeah, pure fund raiser! you can play your double shots any way you want for this event.

It's about have a good time and helping get a new Disc Golf course installed.

Help make it happen! Thanks, Phiilip Kurtz

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X