Woodland Creek Community Park, Lacey WA Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Will there be doughnuts and wet t-shirt contests at the work party?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by maco capo View Post
      Will there be doughnuts and wet t-shirt contests at the work party?
      I will provide the doughnuts. Not sure about the latter.....your wife has not RSVP'ed!
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

      Comment


      • #48
        Zing!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          I will provide the doughnuts. Not sure about the latter.....your wife has not RSVP'ed!
          Scratch that. She called last night, Its on!
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

          Comment


          • #50
            ^
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**


            You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

            Comment


            • #51
              So I just "Buzzzed" 9 holes at Woodland Creek
              and now I have 2 questions
              1) are all the holes par .......3?
              2) when playing with poles instead of baskets,
              do I need to hit the pole in between the strips of orange tape (about the height of a basket)?
              Or can I just hit the pole anywhere? (Bottom for playing safe)

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by matt View Post
                So I just "Buzzzed" 9 holes at Woodland Creek
                and now I have 2 questions
                1) are all the holes par .......3?
                2) when playing with poles instead of baskets,
                do I need to hit the pole in between the strips of orange tape (about the height of a basket)?
                Or can I just hit the pole anywhere? (Bottom for playing safe)


                1) Yes. Keep in mind that most of the holes will lengthened as the brush gets cleared.
                2) You make the rules.
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                Comment


                • #53
                  After 2 great work parties on 10-14-12 and 10-21-12, WCP is shaping up. We have most all of the piles of brush removed from the fairways, and they are ready for the next layer of clearing. We have 6 of the nine holes tee pads scratched in and coverd in wood chips. I will be heading out today and installing numbered tee signs for the holes to make navigation a little easier. As it stands, the course is playable, but keep in mind that most of the holes are still in the beggining stages of design.
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    It sounds like the Parks Dept. is going to pay for our driving range tee pad to be excavated. That is pretty good news to the back's of the guys who were going to do it with shovels! They love what we're doing out there and they step up to help every at opportunity!
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Nice!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I played a speed round yesterday after work /before a meeting
                        (I had so little time I probably shouldn't have)
                        I wanted to check out what I missed last weekend
                        With some signs up, and tee pads made (also 6 opened up)
                        Its really starting to feel legitimate

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          All 9 holes are opened up and playable. All 9 tee pads are scratched in and covered with wood chips. # signs are in place. The driving range posts are in, and the driving range tee pad is squared off to be excavated.
                          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Congratulations Chris and the Oly dg for working so hard from start to finish and achieving your goal! Looking forward to playing the course and throwing on my first DG driving range. Super Cool!

                            BTW Chris, will be picking my brother in law up in Lacey on the 23rd of Dec and will hit you up before heading down so I can hopefully get the royal tour.
                            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**


                            You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                            -- Arthur Ashe

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                              Congratulations Chris and the Oly dg for working so hard from start to finish and achieving your goal! Looking forward to playing the course and throwing on my first DG driving range. Super Cool!

                              BTW Chris, will be picking my brother in law up in Lacey on the 23rd of Dec and will hit you up before heading down so I can hopefully get the royal tour.
                              Thanks Stengele, but this is just the begining! We have a lot more work to do.

                              Hit me up when you're headed this way, I'd be happy to show you around.
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                The driving range tee pad is now concrete. We will be spreading topsoil around it and planting grass soon, but the concrete is good to go.
                                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X