Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have 9 holes rough cut. There is a LOT of brush to be cleared and downed limbs to be bucked up. We definetely have our work cut out for us!

Keep on keepin' on!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

The Park board rubber stamped our approval just like expected. We have signed the land use contract. As soon as our insurance agent gets our policy (its in the mail) to the city manager, he will sign off and the real work will begin!

Comment

Congratulations!
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

After a long process, our insuarance fell through. It turns out the policy would not cover the "installation" of a DGC. But, Lacey Parks Director Lori Flemm to the rescue! We were able to rewrite the contract and move forward without insurance! I will be signing the contract this afternoon, work party this Saturday at 9am.

Lets build a golf course!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
            After a long process, our insuarance fell through. It turns out the policy would not cover the "installation" of a DGC. But, Lacey Parks Director Lori Flemm to the rescue! We were able to rewrite the contract and move forward without insurance! I will be signing the contract this afternoon, work party this Saturday at 9am.

Lets build a golf course!
            Contract signed!

Comment

Congrats!!! Way to see it through!

Comment

Condition?

Just curious on how the course is coming along. I just saw i missed the work party and i'm going to be in Nebraska the next couple weeks shooting at some courses in the mid-west. Just wondering if this new little gem in lacey will be done when i get back. Thanks OLYDISCGOLF for all the hard work in getting us a place to play locally again. I miss Yauger

Comment

lots of work is still needed on the course
                  but the driving range and putting basket might be in by the time you get back

Comment

Driving range?

Originally posted by matt View Post
                    lots of work is still needed on the course
                    but the driving range and putting basket might be in by the time you get back
                    A Driving range??? thats pretty legit. I've always thought that would be useful. Right on.

Comment

Originally posted by RomePK View Post
                      A Driving range??? thats pretty legit. I've always thought that would be useful. Right on.
                      Yes, a driving range. A 24'+/- x 12' tee pad with baskets stagered in the open field between 200', 300', 375', 450'. It will be a little while before it goes in.... The practice basket won't be too far off though.

We had a great work party out there yesterday. Another one is scheduled for the 28th of July, and also the 4th of Aug.

Comment

We have wooden targets in the ground for holes 1-5, 9. All of these holes are playable. Its still fairly thick in the woods, but things are starting to open up enough to throw. We hope to have #7 playable after this weekend if we can get enough support out for the work party.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                          We have wooden targets in the ground for holes 1-5, 9. All of these holes are playable. Its still fairly thick in the woods, but things are starting to open up enough to throw. We hope to have #7 playable after this weekend if we can get enough support out for the work party.
                          Very cool, im taking allison to chick flick, so no work from us, wish we could be there

Comment

http://www.theolympian.com/2012/08/1...-for-disc.html

Comment

Today I went and played 1-5 after work, with my brother
                              He is just starting, and it is close to his place
                              So its nice to have a place for him to go, besides the football field at the school

Comment

Thanks for your hard work SPSDGA!

It was sad to read the negative remarks at the bottom of the news article. I guess I should have expected it though. This is the 21st century America - land of the free and home of the whiners

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X