X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singer Creek Park in OC

I found a bunch of baskets set up in Oregon City today. All were set in concrete appearing to be permanent. The placement was very tight and the baskets were all homemade. The all had a boyscout troop number burned in them too.
    Does anyone know anything about this?

What troop?

Comment

Small, small, small............but it is really cool that the Boy Scouts have engaged the city and have a course to play. This isn't a course for most of us but it's great for a small group of boys to have someplace to play. I only found 8 baskets and they are pretty much crowded into less than 2 acres. The baskets have Troop 745 cut out in the basket as well as a sponsor church on the top band.

Bob

Comment

Sweet looking baskets. How do they catch?
        If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by 360discgolfer View Post
          Sweet looking baskets. How do they catch?
          I didn't take my discs with me so I don't know how they catch.

Comment

They dont look very deep and I could imagine the plastic mesh bottom they used to bounce discs back out, but either way I really like the rugged cut-metal look to them.
            If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yep - they do look sweet. It was just kind of cool to see some new baskets of any kind in the OC. If nothing else, they could provide some fun putting practice just minutes from the house.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                I didn't take my discs with me so I don't know how they catch.
                You went to check out a disc golf course and you didn't take your discs?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  You went to check out a disc golf course and you didn't take your discs?
                  I know, crazy huh?

Bob

Comment

are their designated teepads setup, or is it just a bunch of baskets?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
                      are their designated teepads setup, or is it just a bunch of baskets?
                      Only one tee pad.

Bob

Comment

yep 1 pad above all the baskets up the hill.....

dang a whole bunch of unused space to spread out the baskets.

i was thinking less than 2 acres was used, the space they are in is less than 500'x500' as for the catching it was alright, though my 1st putt appeared to bounce out as i looked down and then looked up and my putt was on the ground....... the plastic is not connected all the way around the inside, so a disc slips through.

great to see more courses going in the ground, no matter the size it is chains to putt at and we all can use more chains to putt at
                        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Played this today,its ok need some tlc but all in all cool glad to have another course.Congrats and thanks to the boy scouts for doing this.
                          PDGA # 31451
                          2 Mini Aces
                          75 Aces
                          PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                          DISC GOLF OR DIE
                          BOB CABAL
                          DISCVANGO
                          JEFF ELLIOT
                          G-MAN
                          JORDAN LEWIS
                          JEFF HAGERTY
                          JAMES GARCELON
                          SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X