X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salem - Battlecreek Golf Course

Hey has anyone checked out the old Battlecreek Golf Course to see if it could be used for DG? I drove by there Friday and it looks like a heck of an opportunity.
    Training to be a bagger

Battlecreek

Originally posted by smobro View Post
    Hey has anyone checked out the old Battlecreek Golf Course to see if it could be used for DG? I drove by there Friday and it looks like a heck of an opportunity.
    I talked to the city parks about this idea. They plan on putting in a park and a school on this property. There is over 50 acres 10 of which will be dedicated to the school. If a disc golf course would be included in the master plan I think we could have a world class course. It would help if more people got behind this and let the parks people know of the interest.

Comment

"In 2008, the City of Salem purchased 38.52 acres in the southern portion of the former Battle Creek Golf Course and an adjacent residential property (Figure 1). The site is at the confluence of four urban streams (Waln, Battle, Powell and Scotch Creeks), and is crossed by a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) floodway and extensive floodplains. With this acquisition, the City intends to develop a multipurpose open space area that provides seasonal flood mitigation, environmental enhancement, and passive recreation."
      So the question is -- as is often the case -- what do they consider "passive" recreation? I'd say a disc golf course is sort of semi-passive.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I live about half a mile from the course. I've been planning to check it out as soon as we get some daylight. They also took down the fence that says no trespassing...at least the one on my street.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
          I live about half a mile from the course. I've been planning to check it out as soon as we get some daylight. They also took down the fence that says no trespassing...at least the one on my street.
          It looked accessible. I drove around the neighborhood trying to see how big it is. Hard to tell. It looks pretty flat but lots of trees.
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Anything new?
            Would love more DG courses in the Salem area

Comment

Battlecreek proposal

Salem's CCDG has a couple folks that are in early discussions with neighborhood association and city as we speak. Will be ways out yet before any decisions made final about use of land. I have seen proposal to be presented and if and when goes in will be done with style and be a showcase course.
              For now wait and more news to follow as it needs to be announced.

Comment

Battle Creek DGC UPDATE: They next step in the process is to show support from the Disc Golf Community for a new disc golf course proposed at the Battle Creek Park location.

Please follow the link and sign the Battle Creek DGC petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/city...c-golf-course#

Comment

done
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Done

and Done
                    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Done!

Comment

Done

Comment

Done

Comment

done
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Check!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X