Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The first gold-level course" in the Portland metro area...Does Meadow Ridge not count, or is it out of the metro area? Isn't Milo golden?
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Is it a sure thing that short pads will be installed? Without them, I think this is a waste of money. Seriously.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Is it a sure thing that short pads will be installed? Without them, I think this is a waste of money. Seriously.
        Hahahahahahaha your crazy!!!!!!!!! if you build it they will come. And yes it will have "baby pads"

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
          Thanks for the update Tyler!

I'll talk to Dave tonight and make sure Metro gets a copy of the newest design.

Oregon Metro News on upcoming meetings: http://goo.gl/rMbml
          It all good I have not made it yet!

Comment

Originally posted by TIC17624 View Post
            Hahahahahahaha your crazy!!!!!!!!! if you build it they will come. And yes it will have "baby pads"
            Yeah, it's a pretty good idea to stategy to ignore the 95% who are not gold-level golfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Yeah, it's a pretty good idea to stategy to ignore the 95% who are not gold-level golfers.
              After getting a guided look at the course last night before the open house, I can honestly say that this course has something for everyone! A player who has distance with accuracy has spots to show that skill; but similar to a course like Winthrop, a player who is smart, accurate and knows his/her discs will be rewarded.

This course will be a joy to play and is very well thought out from every tee. Awesome facilities, close to 84, creeks alongside fairways, hilly greens and golf shot decisions to make on 18 holes.

I cannot wait for the first round!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                While alternate tees are definitely in the plan, I would like to point out that you have 20+ short courses within an hour to enjoy. How about you stop poo-pooing a course that might not suit YOU. There are many of us who want a course like this because there are very few big courses in the area.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Rebel View Post
                  After getting a guided look at the course last night before the open house, I can honestly say that this course has something for everyone! A player who has distance with accuracy has spots to show that skill; but similar to a course like Winthrop, a player who is smart, accurate and knows his/her discs will be rewarded.

This course will be a joy to play and is very well thought out from every tee. Awesome facilities, close to 84, creeks alongside fairways, hilly greens and golf shot decisions to make on 18 holes.

I cannot wait for the first round!
                  Can't wait!! Bring on the work parties!

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

This a pro course go to rockwood it's right down the street. It's not like theres so many pro level coures in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TIC17624 View Post
                      This a pro course go to rockwood it's right down the street. It's not like theres so many pro level coures in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Duly noted.

I (and the other 80% of all golfers that economically drive the sport) will go play at Rockwood. Enjoy your course.

Comment

Duly noted.

I (and the other 80% of all golfers that economically drive the sport) will go play at Rockwood. Enjoy your course.
                        This is the exact attitude that irritates the hell out of me. Not only have we already stated there will be alternate pads, so technically this entire argument is pointless, but we have also pointed out that 95% of the courses in the area are short and easy. Clearly there are already plenty of courses that suit your game. We have also pointed out the lack of longer, more difficult courses, so why must those of us who are begging for a course like this be denied. Seriously, who is being selfish here?

With that said, why is it so bad to have a more difficult course? Milo is a long and difficult course, but yet if you go out to Milo on ANY given weekend it is PACKED with players of ALL levels and experience.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Duly noted.

Scott,
                          Do you have the will power to avoid this new course so close to Portland. I sure don't. It will thoroughly kick my butt just like Milo does. But I will have more gas money left in my pocket, and get to play a great new course.

We need to all show up in force with smiling faces to Fairview meeting 6:15pm Tuesday the 11th to support this new course. We also have to cut the snide comments out of the mix and work together to assure we don't get in our own way on making this course successful. Every new course we can put it means more room to play without waiting in line, and tougher courses just make us all better. (I'll get off my pulpit now)
                          PDGA# 49616
                          Stumptown# 353
                          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Thank you for being another voice of reason. Once completed, no reasonable disc golfer will be disappointed by this course .

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                              This is the exact attitude that irritates the hell out of me. Not only have we already stated there will be alternate pads, so technically this entire argument is pointless, but we have also pointed out that 95% of the courses in the area are short and easy. Clearly there are already plenty of courses that suit your game. We have also pointed out the lack of longer, more difficult courses, so why must those of us who are begging for a course like this be denied. Seriously, who is being selfish here?

With that said, why is it so bad to have a more difficult course? Milo is a long and difficult course, but yet if you go out to Milo on ANY given weekend it is PACKED with players of ALL levels and experience.
                              And yours is the exact attitude that irritates the hell out of me. It seems to tell every beginning, intermdiate, woman, or junior golfer "Sorry, you're not welcome here because you are not good enough. Go to Rockwood, and please come back when you can throw 400'".

Personally, I'm excited as hell about this and every new course in our area. I'm looking forward to playing this course, especially in tournament play. I probably won't play it often, but only because of geography. I can get to Meadow Ridge, Stub Stewart, or Pier in less than 1/2 the time.

Comment

And yours is the exact attitude that irritates the hell out of me. It seems to tell every beginning, intermdiate, woman, or junior golfer "Sorry, you're not welcome here because you are not good enough. Go to Rockwood, and please come back when you can throw 400'".

Personally, I'm excited as hell about this and every new course in our area. I'm looking forward to playing this course, especially in tournament play. I probably won't play it often, but only because of geography. I can get to Meadow Ridge, Stub Stewart, or Pier in less than 1/2 the time.
                                Scott (and Anyone else reading this),
                                Please show up Tuesday 11th 6:15pm at Fairview with a big group of friends and help us make this happen. Tell everyone you know. We need to drowned out any negativity about disc golf with a big group of positive supporters.

The sentiment from some there is "what is disc golf? No one plays it. This is a big waste of money and will fail."

We have to prove this wrong each time to win over the Metro Council and the locals on the fence. A few well connect, upset, and determined people could create many hurdles for us to succeed. But not if they are perceived as the negative minority.
                                PDGA# 49616
                                Stumptown# 353
                                OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X