Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Stumptown President Jeff Hagerty:

Well folks...

This is it. The grand opening for the disc golf course at Blue Lake Park is tomorrow (8/15) at 11:00am.

If possible, come on out and join us as we cut the ribbon and open the course up for play. If you can't make it tomorrow, come on by when you can and enjoy the fruit of many, many hours of hard work.

On behalf of Stumptown Disc Golf and Next Adventure, I would like to thank the following people for hours and hours of hard work and dedication to this project. Without their help this would have been an almost impossible task.

Tyler Christensen
    Carl Thorne
    Kevin Mykelz
    Murray Prictor
    Josh Dearing
    Jeremy Fancher
    Bryan Knudsen

A lot of people have showed up to our work parties and I am very thankful for that, but these guys went above and beyond the call of duty. Hopefully, every time they walk into Blue Lake Park they feel the sense of pride they deserve for helping to make it happen.
    As for park hours, google is your friend, learn to find out information for yourself by using it...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
      As for park hours, google is your friend, learn to find out information for yourself by using it...

I did that already: park hours are indeed 8am to sunset but since there is no lighting out there I was just wanting to make sure they didn't want us out of there sooner than that.
      FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
        I did that already: park hours are indeed 8am to sunset but since there is no lighting out there I was just wanting to make sure they didn't want us out of there sooner than that.
        Then how are park goers supposed to know this? Unless there is a sign that states otherwise or a park ranger to tell you differently, 8 am to sunset is all you can go on. Sunset tomorrow night is officially 8:19 pm.

This whole idea of idea of "unwritten rules" is a crock. We had an argument about this very subject with another disc golfer just last weekend who took umbrage that we were playing the genius hole in casual play. If the park doesn't want us to play that tee pad, then a sign stating as much would be the least they could do to insure we didn't play it.

Comment

We had an argument about this very subject with another disc golfer just last weekend who took umbrage that we were playing the genius hole in casual play. If the park doesn't want us to play that tee pad, then a sign stating as much would be the least they could do to insure we didn't play it.
          They didn't specifically say not to play that hole? Were you not clued in by the fact that there is no basket there? Seems to be implied, at the very least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
            They didn't specifically say not to play that hole? Were you not clued in by the fact that there is no basket there? Seems to be implied, at the very least.
            This is true. The rangers really don't want people playing the genius hole when there is no basket in the ground.

No, they're not likely to say anything to you, but why push our luck? At the moment, we have a very good working relationship with the rangers at Milo, but why put that at risk?
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              They didn't specifically say not to play that hole?
              And here is the crux of the matter as far as I am concerned. Who is they? When did they say it? Who was there when it was said? If it is an official decision, shouldn't there at least be a sign to let the people who weren't there know about the decision?

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Were you not clued in by the fact that there is no basket there? Seems to be implied, at the very least.
              Funny thing about that, you can play an awesome par 5 hole to the basket by the bathrooms very nicely. So nicely that I got a 4 last time I played it...

Sure the BSF layout pin isn't in its place, but that hole was played to the regular course basket long before the BSF pin was placed in the ground...

All I am asking for is a small sign...not everybody comes to this forum and reads these posts, or has a reliable memory, or is sober enough to remember...

Oh, and for the record, I always ask to play the regular tee pad but get outvoted every time by my group.

Last edited by Sausage Fingers; August 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM. Reason: added some shit

Comment

• Outvoter!

Comment

Quote:
                  From Stumptown President Jeff Hagerty:

Well folks...

This is it. The grand opening for the disc golf course at Blue Lake Park is tomorrow (8/15) at 11:00am.
                  Weird. Here it says:

"This is it. The grand opening for the disc golf course at Blue Lake Park is tomorrow 8/14 at 11:00am."

And it was posted on: 14 Aug 2012.

I am going to go with the concept that the opening is tomorrow, Weds 15 Aug 2012, not today, Tues 14 Aug 2012.
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                    Weird. Here it says:

"This is it. The grand opening for the disc golf course at Blue Lake Park is tomorrow 8/14 at 11:00am."

And it was posted on: 14 Aug 2012.

I am going to go with the concept that the opening is tomorrow, Weds 15 Aug 2012, not today, Tues 14 Aug 2012.
                    I copied the post #211 above from the stumptown facebook page and added the (8/15) myself to provide clarity. Yo no sabe discgolfscene...and quit stirring the pot you rogue tee voter!

Comment

I copied the post #211 above from the stumptown facebook page and added the (8/15) myself to provide clarity. Yo no sabe discgolfscene...and quit stirring the pot you rogue tee voter!

I see nothingk, I hear nothingk, I know nothingk!
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                        This is true. The rangers really don't want people playing the genius hole when there is no basket in the ground.

No, they're not likely to say anything to you, but why push our luck? At the moment, we have a very good working relationship with the rangers at Milo, but why put that at risk?
                        I'm with Jeff on this one. If anyone knows of a courtesy requests anyone has made (rangers, city officials, even neighbors) about a course we should try to accommodate if it's reasonable or we risk losing our courses. How many "it's been fun but ________ is closed" posts have we seen this year?
                        FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X