Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what's the latest on the blue lake course?

Comment

• Hey Carl, Post the pics of the cleared cave shot. That will get people excited.
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

• Is there going to be a work party this month??

Comment

• Work party May 15 at blue lake 10:00am. contact Tyler Christensen for any questions. At
          503-807-6977

Comment

• How long is to long for a disc golf course???

Comment

• Originally posted by TIC17624 View Post
              How long is too long for a disc golf course???
              This is a tough question. I love long courses as long as they have a good flow to them. What I don't like is a course, that is long... simply for the sake of being long.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

How long is to long for a disc golf course???
                Short pads can mitigate for a course being "too long".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  This is a tough question. I love long courses as long as they have a good flow to them. What I don't like is a course, that is long... simply for the sake of being long.

I definitely agree with this.

Creating a long hole that allows for short arm opportunity and long arm opportunity is definitely a bonus. There are ways to do it I believe. If every hole is a chance for a roller or a long bomb it takes out an element of competitiveness. Creating a risk/reward scenario for long arms keeps the shorter arms in reach of competing playing it safe.
                  "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

• I don't know what the initial plans are, but I agree on PRO and AM pads for the longer holes - like McIver. At least you can have flexibility in choosing the level of difficulty during casual play.

Comment

How long is to long for a disc golf course???
                      Nice question Tyler. Which area will you be in? I will be there around 11am and want to find you quickly when I get there.
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353
                      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

• Official RFP from Metro for Sponsorships for the course:

http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=37084

Comment

• Originally posted by Wog View Post
                          Official RFP from Metro for Sponsorships for the course:

http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=37084

That's an awesome proposal

Comment

• is there any estimate on when the course will be playable? i am jonesin

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
                              is there any estimate on when the course will be playable? i am jonesin
                              That comes a bit after we secure the funding
                              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                                That's an awesome proposal
                                Agreed! Must be nice to have some basically supportive people and agencies backing a disc golf course!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X