X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Lake Park course: Fairview, OR

The Fairview Planning Commission is moving along with installing a WORLD CLASS disc golf course designed by Portland's Dave Feldberg.

There is an important step approaching and John Gessner, the Fairview planning director (and avid disc golfer) believes that there needs to be a show of support from the disc golf community to show up before the Fairview Planning Commission to show community support for the disc golf course being planned.

Time and Place: January 11, 6:30pm. 1300 NE Village St, Fairview

We don't need hundreds of people but a turn out of 20-30 people would really pump them up.

So if local golfers would like to see a new WORLD CLASS course very close to downtown Portland, this would be a critical time and place to make an impression. Hope to see ya all there!
    Steve
    http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Make sure TreeLove gets this on the calendar.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I'm going to go and bring my son.
      I've walked the area the course is going in dozens of times, dreaming the dream.
      This can be another gem in Oregon DG.

Comment

I'll be there with my son as well. Walked the planned course with Dave last week and believe it will be a great addition to Fairview as well.

Comment

Can someone describe exactly where the "planned course" is going to be?
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Across the road from Blue Lake park. The first tee will be roughly across the street from the main park entrance, I believe.

If you're out there checking it out there is no way you can miss it. Anyone who has played a lot of disc golf would look at the piece of land and immediately start seeing golf holes.

Comment

The course is planned to go here

The course will be in the area highlighted in blue

Last edited by Jaemes; December 17th, 2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

This area?

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

HA!
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    This area?

No, not there. The BLUE area!

Comment

What do I have to say about this place after walking through it with Dave and Tyler and Jaemes and a few others...

Prepare for your assets to be kicked up and down the course. 11,000 feet over 18 holes. Par 68. Let the whining begin.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        11,000 feet over 18 holes. Par 68. Let the whining begin.
                        I won't whine... but I also probably won't bother playing it more than once. Not my cup of tea.

They've got 60 acres there; they could put in two courses. One for long bombers and one that might actually appeal to the multitudes that descend on Blue Lake Park every day in the summer.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Multple tees would seem to be the way to go here.

Comment

There will be multiple tees.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

golf is golf... I like higher par holes, makes you play more real golf than just drive putt, drive putt, drive putt...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X