X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashland, OR

Tones are up at at Emigrant Lake just south of Ashland.

The entrance is known as "the cove" to locals.

Go past the "resort" and just after mile marker 6 turn left at a number of mailboxes and a "closed at dusk sign".

The map in this post is out of date. Use the map in post below for "high-water layout". 1-24-11
    Last edited by Menacewarf; January 24th, 2011, 01:48 AM.

shaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I think "Wiggy" (Scott Talent) is a part of this.
    It's been a Long Time Coming.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

looks like an awesome course. I checked out the area over christmas holiday with my gf.
      a couple notes:
      -great topography changes
      -a lot of brush, may be a challenge in the summer
      -the 'quarry' shot is awesome, uphill, about 300' over a 100' deep precipice!
      -a good combo of straight technical shots and bigger, open shots
      -Way to go! I have felt so bad for the rogue valley disc scene since Medford has been in such shambles. keep up the good work!

Comment

we put this up mainly for locals to huck some plastic this winter. the terrain is pretty rough and the course will be continuously changing due to water levels etc. i'm pretty sure most will be unplayable in the summer months with all of the traffic this part of the park gets, but since shale is snowed and the coug is gated here we go. bring yoour boots!

Comment

Record last I knew was 6- but besides that only a few rounds under par I've heard of so far.

What's the status of the water level? I hope the big downhill shot's are still there by the time I can play it again.... (goes the whole bag)

Comment

Way to go, Wiggly and John and the rest of youse... wow. Will I need a map or is it pretty figure-out-able?

Comment

You will need a map or guide your first time. The water has risen and changed the layout actually. I will post an updated map sometime soon.

Comment

CHANGES to "The Cove's" layout

All hole's are now above the water line.
                Leave NO Trace.
                Be respectful and friendly to hikers and dogwalkers.
                Happy Discin! :-)
                Last edited by Menacewarf; January 25th, 2011, 11:27 AM. Reason: Tweaks ...

Comment

Course played fun with new layout. 3 advanced players shot -1 , +3, and + 6.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Sjk8ko6qc
                    Last edited by Bryon_Harris; January 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM. Reason: Bad link

Comment

Highwater Layout Changes

Hole 3-Tweaked left
                      Hole 5-par five, all the way down ( from old 8's pad)
                      Hole 6-par four (back to 4 oaks, from old 7's pad)
                      Hole 7-up hill ( old 5 in reverse)
                      Hole 8-diagonally up hill
                      Hole 9-same direction as 8 toward water
                      Hole 10- across parking (tweaked left)
                      Hole 11- back into pit behind outhouse
                      Hole 12- par five, new Teepad
                      Hole 17 - Peninsula hole (after old 17)

Map is above.
                      Last edited by Menacewarf; January 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

It's the Inversion...

Left Talent at 9:30 this morning. 33 degrees and the sun had jus melted the frost. At emigrant lake just about 1000 feet higher the temp fifteen minutes later was 55. When I left in the afternoon it was 63 at the lake. At the south end of Ashland it was already 52.

Get up above that nasty chilly air!

Comment

Did a conservative estimate of hole lengths and got about 7300 ft for 18 holes including 4 shorter holes 260 or less.

Two of the huge holes can be played as 3's (five and six) to cut out at least 1000 feet for a shorter course. Ten also has a shorter pad in order to skip throwing over the parking if need be.

Comment

Fun play by play video of doubles play on the birdiable tail end of the course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w47wp...e_gdata_player

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X