X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eugene Church Course?

At WVWS #1 at Alton Baker this past wkend, I heard some fellas talking about a relatively new 9 hole course in Eugene at a church near Westmoreland Park. Does any one know what it's called so I can go check it out today? I'm sure it's mentioned here somewhere, but I didn't see it any where on the forum.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
    At WVWS #1 at Alton Baker this past wkend, I heard some fellas talking about a relatively new 9 hole course in Eugene at a church near Westmoreland Park. Does any one know what it's called so I can go check it out today? I'm sure it's mentioned here somewhere, but I didn't see it any where on the forum.

Thanks in advance!

Got it.

New Hope Christian College.

Comment

There is also a church camp, Camp Harlow, in Eugene, that has a 9-hole private course.
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

It sounds like the New Hope course will be open to the public.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Here's a message i received about this course.............

A message from Ralph Huntoon to all members of Cottage Grove Disc Golf Club on www.DiscGolfersR.Us!

Eugene has a new course ready for play. New Hope Christian College recently put in a 9 hole course on their campus and have gotten things setup for people to play with full baskets. Most of the tees play from pavement at this time, but they hope to put in actual tee pads in the future where the pavement doesn't work well. They do have some conduct rules to follow and you need to check in at the main office receptionist for a visible pass to carry while playing. The course was laid out by the AD with the help of Nate Sexton, Gene Fackler and myself and offers some different kinds of challenges for disc golfers. It's fun to play, although it is more linear than circular, meaning after you finish 9 you have to walk all the way back up to the top of the campus to play a second round. Lowest score I've seen so far is 6 down for 9 holes by Jim Johnson on his first round there. Beginners luck or just plain skill, you make the call. As yet I haven't heard of any aces in a round, so who will be the first one to achieve that milestone. Check it out and be good to the course for all to enjoy.

Ralph Huntoon

Visit Cottage Grove Disc Golf Club at:
          http://discgolfer.ning.com/groups/gr...=msg_mes_group

Comment

I played this course yesterday in the rain and wind. I figured I'd post some type of directions to help others out so they won't have to wander as much as I did. The laminate that you carry on the course can be picked up at the building on the left of the road towards the top. It has a white sign that reads receptionist etc by the road. They ask that you leave a license or id with them while you play the course.
            I never could find the teeing area for hole #3, so if anyone could enlighten us as to where that is it'd be great. All the teeing areas were marked by pink flags in the ground. #1 is on the side of the building where you get the pass in the single lane driveway area. It plays over the hill and down to the left right behind the blackberries. #2 plays from a little up the lane behind basket one and is a left to right through the woods. Couldn't find #3's teeing area but the basket is on the hill by #1's fairway. #4 is behind the large building down the hill from basket 3. it plays left to right around a tree and the basket is on the side of the hill. I played #5 from the pavement outside the gate behind #4. basket is on the side of the hill. #6 plays from the intersection in the road past basket five up the hill and around the tree. #7 was an absolutely gorgeous signature hole and plays from the top lot behind basket 6 all the way down the hill and to the left. Very nice elevation drop and line on this hole. #8 is across the road from the top parking lot to the basket at the end of the grass. This hole is also very nice (a textbook putter hole IMO)I played nine from the corner across the street by the road left to right to the basket under the tree.
            I played 8 of the nine holes and 2'd every hole except #5 as I slipped on the wet black pavement(-7 for 8 holes.) The only holes that require a driver are #7 and #9. I threw a Drone, Comet, or Challenger on every other hole. I also drew metal on #8 with a Challenger. When the local heroes venture out there someone will get -9 immediately I'm sure. The course does play down the hill the length of the school so you have a nice climb back to the top to play another round. I just wanted to thank Nate, Gene, Ralph, and anyone else that was involved in bringing this course to fruition. Here's to more courses in the Eugene area Beautiful work everyone.
            Challengers-Rocs-Drone-Teebirds-TL-Wraiths-Destroyers

Comment

Hole #3 tee is located down the hill and left from #2 basket. There are some memorial tombstone looking things and a small foot path. There was a pink flag or two in the ground last week? The shot requires you to throw high (unless you punch it threw the branches), across the little creek, and up the hillside.

Comment

Thanks
                Challengers-Rocs-Drone-Teebirds-TL-Wraiths-Destroyers

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X