X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heyburn State Park, N Idaho

I am meeting today with the park ranger from Heyburn St park for the " first planning meeting for getting a course designed and eventually installed here at Heyburn". Let you how it goes

First meeting went well. Met w/ several park rangers along with other interested people. We walked the proposed site and will start from there. Next meeting set for early December.

Comment

I am very exited to help out on this project. I will be heading the design team with the help of Scott and Tom. Another sweet course within an hour of town. Preliminary estimates are that this is going to be a 27 hole course. Look for 2 par 4's for each set of 9. Trying to make 2 18's but It may not be possible. More info to come as the design process unfolds.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I will be designing this Thursday morning. If anyone is interested in joining me down there to watch/help it unfold, pm me.
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Looks like a great place to put a course in.
          Are you able to use areas near the water? I think water hazards are a great part of a disc golf course.

Heyburn State Park

Comment

If I remember correctly, that is not a lake that you want to be going in. I think that the pollution is so bad that in certain areas they tell people to not to walk barefoot or let their kids play on the beach. Brings a new meaning to the term water hazard. Seriously stoked though, any new course in the area is great news.

Comment

The new course will not be near the lake, It will hopefully have a couple unique views of the lake.
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

There is a sewer settling pond neaby Put that into play, just kidding. The land is cool but is up on a hill/bluff overlooking the lake. Getting some of the views of the lake will be tough but it is surely a unique piece of land to work with. I was with Jeremy and others when it was first walked. I am sure Jeremy will do a great job with what he has to work with and am interested to see what he comes up with - see if we have any similar ideas. I would go down tomorrow but have to work in the a.m. Good luck, it's great to have another State Park that has employees so eager to see disc golf go in.

Comment

I am envisioning 2 18 hole courses both around par 58 and a family 9 hole course. I have 31 holes roughly designed and if mother nature allows I will be going out next week to flag out the course and finish the last few holes.. At the very least we should have 2 18 holers!! The upper course will have amazing views of Lake Couer D' Alene and the lower course has 6 sweet downhill shots with a good mix on both courses. These courses will surely be a good work out as well
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

I can't wait. I always thought heyburn was a good spot for a disc golf course. It'd be sweet to see a heyburn faragut a teir tournament.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

I can't wait. I always thought heyburn was a good spot for a disc golf course. It'd be sweet to see a heyburn faragut a teir tournament.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Nice one. Always good to have more courses to explore when I visit my family in Sandpoint.
                          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Early December meeting with Rangers at the Heyburn St pk was canceled due to Winters snow and all. They will reschedule a meeting for late winter/ early spring. The snow came to much to soon.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X