X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new in FG

I have an idea for a great course in the Forest Grove area for a nice new course. I remember this picnic, day use area I used to go to outside of FG, in Gales Creek. The area would be great for a disc course. Personally I would love to just have the Hagg Crew make this another of our courses, but we have no funding. honestly I dont want Stumptown any part of Hagg. I like the idea of keeping it "ours". But, with Hornings being top notch, and Stub Stewart going in, I think this would add to the west Wa county disc golf scene. So, whoever you have on Stumptown who is the course development guys, please have them contact me. I would love this to be another Hagg crew thing, but I am gonna leave it up to Stumptown cause I think it will be a hard sell.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

If Stumptown doesnt get in touch with me on this, I am making it my goal as a Hagg crew to make it happen

Comment

Troy, try not to shut out Stumptown man. Hagg could be great if it had the help and resources needed to get it there. Look at Milo for example. Stumptown has helped a TON, and yet its still the "Portland Roc's" baby.

Comment

Not hatin on Stumptown. The club does many great things. But, at this point we dont want it involved with Hagg. Maybe someday we will look at that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
          Not hatin on Stumptown. The club does many great things. But, at this point we dont want it involved with Hagg. Maybe someday we will look at that option.

Could you elaborate? I don't see what the problem is with bringing in a large club that has money and resources to make your course better.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Maybe the Hagg crew's idea of "better" is different than everybody else's?

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post

Could you elaborate? I don't see what the problem is with bringing in a large club that has money and resources to make your course better.

Comment

Some people value their perceived power and control over what would be best for everyone. Sad...
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Maybe the Hagg crew can work on the new course in Gales Creek and Stumptown can fix the Hagg course?

Comment

Yep... and then Stumptown fix GC after whatever crew Troy is talking about gets done there.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

If Stumptown doesnt get in touch with me on this, I am making it my goal as a Hagg crew to make it happen
                    Troy, don't expect Stumptown to get a hold of YOU. The right thing to do is get a hold of Stumptown. Present them with where/who/what/why, give them as much information as you can. That will help make things a lot easier. If I waited for Stumptown or any club to get a hold of me when I see a piece of land that I think would make a good DG course nothing would ever happen.

I learned this the hard way! I had a great idea for how to save our economy and waited for Washington to contact me. Now look where we are at!

Bob

Comment

I have an idea for a great course in the Forest Grove area for a nice new course. I remember this picnic, day use area I used to go to outside of FG, in Gales Creek. The area would be great for a disc course. Personally I would love to just have the Hagg Crew make this another of our courses, but we have no funding. honestly I dont want Stumptown any part of Hagg. I like the idea of keeping it "ours". But, with Hornings being top notch, and Stub Stewart going in, I think this would add to the west Wa county disc golf scene. So, whoever you have on Stumptown who is the course development guys, please have them contact me. I would love this to be another Hagg crew thing, but I am gonna leave it up to Stumptown cause I think it will be a hard sell.
                      Is it cool with you if a few of my friends and I go out to Hagg and play a round?
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

honestly I dont want Stumptown any part of Hagg. I like the idea of keeping it "ours".
                        Good thinking. Keep Hagg in the same crappy condition it's been for the last few years. You definitely won't have to concern yourself with other people wanting to play there.

Comment

This is exactly why I dont want Stumptown involved with Hagg for now. I give them an idea for a future course and I get people wanting us to give control over Hagg to stumptown while we work on the other course, and assholes like Sam saying after Hagg, Stumptown can come in and fix what we mess up. No matter what any of you think, I dont hate Stumptown at all. I do appreciate all that the club is doing for the NW area. Dont hate on the Hagg crew. most of what I post is my own opinion. We as a group do take pride in Hagg and all that goes on there. We know it could use lots of work and money to make it the top notch course that it could be.

I could go on and on, but so many of you hate me already, Im sure I am gonna hear enough shit about this post, so go ahead, lay it on me.

Comment

... if you're referring to the rippling waters area right there outside of forest grove and before gales creek, i'm not sure that a disc golf course would be the best fit for that particular habitat/environment... it's a beautiful little area, for sure, but where would people park? and the creek bed/bank is protected habitat... which is pretty much all that area is... i would love another golf course out here in my neck of the woods, but rippling waters probably could not sustain that kind of use...

good luck, tho... altho i think you're making a mistake copping such an attitude towards stumptown... use your resources, dude, and you'll get a lot more accomplished... instead of acting like a xenophobe and alienating your best opportunity for help getting a course done quickly... oh, right, and irritating and turning off other folk who otherwise might be willing to help, too (yes, i'm talking about myself... i don't like your tone, sir!)

peace,
                            emmarose
                            Last edited by emmarose; October 25th, 2010, 12:31 PM.
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I am talking about what was at least once known as Balm Grove picnic area. could make for a nice long 9 hole course.

Like I have said a couple times already. I dont hate Stumptown at all. There are just those certain members who speak out more than they should have and ruin the image of the club for me. Makes me want no involvement with the club at all. you can blame those people for my thoughts on the club.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X