X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldendale, Washington

This is more of an idea that is floating around. My brother in law mentioned the idea to a few folks involved in Goldendale politics and everyone seems to be supportive.
    Last night I took my first walk around/safari layout of the property in question. I do believe the property may be half owned by Klickitat County and half by the city. I am going to be looking into this more today. The properties also known as Little Klickitat River Park and Ekone park have lots of open areas, stream, wooded areas, and some slight elevation changes. We made a quick layout that made a great loop around the property with very little mixing of fairways. I think this land could support a full 18 holes if it were some what smaller ,and more technical, or a 12 hole with multiple tee and pin positions.

What I am looking for here is some help in the steps I should take from here on out. I want to approach this in the most professional way possible. I am also looking for any disc golfers in the eastern WA or Or area who would be willing to help develop this idea.
    If anyone wants more info or has more info please contact me.

let me know if you plan any work parties.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Are there any courses in or near Goldendale? I found one listed called Brutal Hill but I couldn't find any directions to the course.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

PM Jesse (bigbubbbelly) here he is the guy in Yakima
        rewindb.com

Comment

The PDGA website has some good info on course development and how to approach it. Click on "courses" and in the drop-down menu click "course development". Good luck to you.
          Basket thieves

Comment

Brutal Hill is a private course (Arron Walker) and it's AT Satus Pass, I mean, right at Status Pass and Brutal Hill is a Great Name but I loved playing the last event there.
            Course in The Dalles but nothing else. That I know of.
            I Travel to Yakima from Stevenson Wa. a fair amount and would love a pit stop at Golden Dale to "Stretch my legs"
            I will recommend going for the full 18 holes or atleast setting up 12 that allow the full 18 without ripping everything out and starting over.

Take the time to do it right or you will just get a few of us passing by and only playing again on that perfect day or else I'm driving on by.
            You two (Brian and Jody) and friends did a very good job at Hood River, so I know, you know what I mean.
            I cross the bridge from Highway 14 to throw a few holes now where as before I'd drive on by even while driving Freeway 84.
            Can't help with work parties but may, repeat MAY be able to help with a few dollars for a basket or concrete.
            Send me a post or PM as things develope. I look in about once a week or so.
            Peace, Phil

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X