X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnation, WA

As a few of you know I've been working some angles to get a 9-holer here in Carneypatch. I'm dealing with a municipallity that has no money but a couple of promising parks. Yesterday, I strolled both parks with one of the city councilmen and he's putting me up first on the agenda at the next meeting on Tuesday. He's totally bought into the idea of disc golf in Carneypatch, but I still need to sell it to the rest of the council.

I'm working in tandem with a local Eagle Scout prospect to get this sucka into the ground. The kid has managed to schmooz a manufaturor-to-be-named- later out of 9 free baskets, organized a work party at whatever park I can get and is already talking to the area merchants about donating concrete for the sleeves. I'll worry about the tees and signage after we get the go-ahead.

The wheels of city government turn very slowly out here, but with some luck look for a 2-3 star beginner/intermediate course to go into Valley Memorial Park or Loutsis Park (my preference) by the end of the year!
    Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Way to go Getty!! See you at Lake Stevens soon!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Nice! Good stuff. Thank you.

Comment

That's great Getty! Keep us informed. We should be able to round up a decent work posse when the time comes.

SWEET!

Cajun

Comment

What about tolt macdonald park, theres enought parking for about 60 cars,tent camping rv camping sites 1/2 of the park does not even get used.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
            What about tolt macdonald park, theres enought parking for about 60 cars,tent camping rv camping sites 1/2 of the park does not even get used.
            Let me get this one in first. TM is a county park so I'd be dealing with the county instead of the city. I've been scouting around there quite a bit lately and see the potential for something similar to White River.

Team Deucebag

Comment

This sounds great. Keep up the hard work!
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Awesome work Getty! Let us know if/when you need help with anything.
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

UPDATE:

I met with the parks committee last night at city hall and they absolutely love the idea of a disc golf course in Loutsis Park! It turns out the city manager was instrumental in getting a course into the ground back in Kansas, and the rest of the committee was excited about a very low-cost attraction one minute from downtown. I speak in front of the full city council Tuesday the 17th for what should be rubber-stamp approval to move forward. We plan on having it up and running in October.

Not one dime will come out of the city coffers for construction. There's a portalet and a mutha-flippin' kiosk already in place. There will be a mixture of tight throws throw a skinny-tree forest and some more open hucks. We're still working out the details for tees and signage.

PM me if you ever want to see the layout sometime.

Team Deucebag

Comment

Great job Getty! You should be proud!

Let us know when you need some bodies for a work party. I've never been to Carnation. Where is it? Do they have paved roads there? Running water?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post

Let us know when you need some bodies for a work party. I've never been to Carnation. Where is it? Do they have paved roads there? Running water?
                      You need a mule and a Sherpa guide to get there.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I will guide you BA... just follow your heart and you will be on the right track.
                        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post

It's almost as bassackwards as Lake Stevens
                          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

:I hear theres a wagon trail from fall city to carnation but its a little overgrone, or you can take a boat

Comment

I hear theres a wagon trail from fall city to carnation but its a little overgrone, or you can take a boat. But eather way count me in.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X