X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Getty View Post
    Today we planted 9 sleeves, cleared many bushells of blackberrys and dug holes for the signs. Sunday (tomorrow), we'll install the poles for the signs. The hard work is done. Baskets go in the ground Tuesday after 4pm. The race will then be on between Silly and JR to see who can get the first review up on DGCR. I think y'all are gonna enjoy this little Carneypatch. I might even design the back 9 tomorrow!
    You rang... Let me know the info and I can put it up on dgcr.
    Can't thank you enough for getting this thing rolling and completed.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Thats awesome Getty. Glad to see everything has finally come together and we have a course closer here on the eastside. Time to get one going in North Bend!!!
      10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

We planted the 9 baskets and signs this evening. I still have to dream up a back 9, but we're good to go otherwise. To get to the park, drive to Carnation, go east on Entwistle and the park is about a half-mile on the right. More info when I have time.
        Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
          The race will then be on between Silly and JR to see who can get the first review up on DGCR.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I was out there Mon afternoon, Should be a fun technical 9 holes
            rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
              I was out there Mon afternoon, Should be a fun technical 9 holes
              Tightly wooded? Is there elevation? What is the name of the course? Excited to play.

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                Tightly wooded? Is there elevation? What is the name of the course? Excited to play.
                There are trees...lots of trees. Elevation comes into play on two holes if you can call a 5-8 foot drop an elevation change. The park used to be the river bottom...found that out the hard way while augering the holes for the baskets.

Anyway, Loutsis Park is located at 32401 E. Entwistle St, Carnation, WA 98104. Adam got us on the map at DGCR and I've plugged in the hole info. The first hole starts by the parking lot and it's almost impossible to get lost with the current signage. Go here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4719

Could one of you wonderful admins give us one of those cool tags down in the course registry below?

Team Deucebag

Comment

Your awesome! Looking forward to playing it soon.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

New courses always ask
                    ..."if it's better to groom a course or let the cattle beat it down."

Personally I know that we are better off doing the work up front then coping with the intentional hacker's legacy.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Jub, I agree. The work party did an incredible job with blackberry clearance, and Eric detailed 4 and 5 yesterday. The cattle may now graze for their errant tosses, but it's gonna take a really bad shot to lose a disc.

The course record stands at -3 after 3 days of play. I hope to find some of you out there, and don't be afraid to call or email me before you head out. The back 9 is mostly visualized, and I welcome all suggestions before I put the stakes down. Have fun!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Played it yesterday and met Luke one of the local kids that help put it in. Fun course but wish I would have brought some loppers or a machete. I think I could have eliminated a quarter of the blackberries just looking for our groups disc's. -2 both laps, would have tried a little harder had I known it was only -3....

Way to go Getty and Eric and Joe and Luke and everybody else that helped. The blackberries should be gone in no time if it gets played.
                        Read this ^

Comment

Awesome! I iwll be making it out there this week!
                          10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

I've pretty much zeroed in on the alt 9 tee pads. I hope to have those in next week. Millers, in downtown Carnation, will be carrying Innova products within the week. Don't hesitate to call me at 425-830-3472 if you'd like a guided tour of our new course!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Just got my first couple of rounds in at the course yesterday. Really enjoyed the layout of the course. Great mix all around. Well done!!! I will be playing this course frequently since it is now the closest one to my place.

Comment

Played it today, cool little short, technical course. Getty, excellent use of the park! I also go to play the private course Spirit Ridge with Johnny cake (JR Stengele) Andrew (Cefire) and Ron Werner who was showing us the course. Loved Spirit Ridge. If I could rate the time I had today I would give it a 5.
                                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X