X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    Yeah Getty is the man with the plan! I'm looking forward to playing another course and also helping to put in another course. Let us know when you need help Getty!
    Yeah, what he said. Let me know how and when I can help.
    Last edited by JR Stengele; August 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM. Reason: cause I can
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Right on. Thanks, and good work Getty!
      "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
      PDGA # 42821
      Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Getty walked me around the course awhile back. Looks good. Rode by there the other day on my Mtn Bike, nothing in yet. Let me know if I can help.
        If only my discs would go where I want them to instead of where I throw 'em.

Comment

*UPDATE*

October has come and gone but we still don't have the course in the ground. It appears things are pushed back until the spring when the eagle scout candidate is done with football and has time to seek funding for the signage and concrete.

PM me if you're interested in sponsoring a hole. We think it'll be about $125 when all is said and done. If you own a small business it's a cool write-off and you get a sponsorship sign!
          Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

I heard there was a disc golf tourny in Carnation on March 13... Does this mean the Carnation course is up and running???
            10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

Originally posted by NBdiscgolfer View Post
              I heard there was a disc golf tourny in Carnation on March 13... Does this mean the Carnation course is up and running???
              This is news to me. Where'd you hear it?

Team Deucebag

Comment

http://www.discgolfersr.us/forum/top...ource=activity
                10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

http://www.discgolfoutlaws.com/gallery/SpiritRidge/

Steve Werner, long time friend and charter member of Disc Golf Outlaws passed away on March 13, 2009. Spirit Ridge is the disc golf course designed in his honor by his brother Ron and sister-in-law Wendy. Located just outside Carnation Washington, Spirit Ridge boasts challenging terrain, beautiful scenery and abundant wildlife (other than Ron Werner).
                  This would appear to be one of their "baskets":
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    http://www.discgolfoutlaws.com/gallery/SpiritRidge/

This would appear to be one of their "baskets":
                    That "basket" is a design that was put together by the Hilo Castaways, the local club on the Island of Hawaii. It is called a bunkajin, they were the primary target employed at the McKenzie course in Pahoa until the club recently received baskets.

Comment

Got it! This is the private course up Stillwater Hill. Phone calls will be made...

Team Deucebag

Comment

Any new news on a finish date here? Been trying to look online for any other info but nothing really comes up. Looking forward to having a closer course then Auburn to play!!!

Comment

Getty has prety much washed his hands of the Eagle candidate. Easy for him but the communiuty loses. Maybe a different point man
                          rewindb.com

Comment

?

I have no idea what's going on, maybe you could shed some light on it?
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Getty's out there he can speak for himself
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                                Getty has prety much washed his hands of the Eagle candidate. Easy for him but the communiuty loses. Maybe a different point man
                                Maybe you have no idea what you're talking about, Jub. I will tell y'all that fundraising has begun, but Joe wants to keep it in the local business community. This is his project, not mine and not anyone elses. This is a project that the eagle scout candidate must spearhead from beginning to end. I am simply the course architect and was also enlisted to help sell the idea to the city council by presenting useful facts and potential numbers.

The project was almost totally scrapped when the benefactor made a surprise visit to the park and decided the park wasn't worthy. I managed to save it by asking a few questions and sending him a detailed map...turns out he never got out of his car to walk around and thought the whole course was going to be in the trees by the parking lot.

Joe does have a deadline approaching. If he doesn't meet it he will not get his rank. I believe it's in July. He's a great kid and I believe we'll be playing golf by summer.

Team Deucebag

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X