X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bremerton Course 'possible'

I own Northwest Paintball Park on Hwy 303/Waaga Way between Silverdale and East Bremerton. It's a 39 acre paintball park with another 'under utilized' 30 acres adjacent. The land owner just gave us the "GO" to build a disc golf course there. It wont happen fast, but it will. "Stay Tuned".

www.northwestpaintballpark.org

Awesome, thank you for the update and welcome to the forum!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Update for this possible course.

Members of the WSDGA have been in contact with the land owner and have also walked the property for a preliminary layout. Looks very promising. Its up to the club to make it happen. We have already started fundraising efforts to purchase baskets.

Believe it or not, we will finally have a non-technical course in the West Sound area. Ground breaking should be sooner than later. I'll post more info as soon as there are some official news to post.

Comment

I seen many stakes in place for tees and baskets. The lay out is nice. Looks like it's going to be a great course. I've recieved questions about the paintball action messing with disc golf. There is only 1 fairway and 1 tee where paintball action 'might' be within eye sight. The paintball action does not often go down that West slope along the fence line. It's just too hard to play that area we call "The Jungle". Normally, only the few annual 'Theme Game' events will draw some action to that West fence area, but, even then, it looks like we can all be good neighbors. Paintball has been there for eleven years. When I walked the stakes last weekend I did not see a single paintball in a disc golf fairway. We are good to go. There is a shop at the paintball park used for rentals and registration. I hope to carry a decent display of discs there too. At about the 5th tee, you can stop by the shop, get a cold drink or snack, then play on.

Comment

Thank you Paintball Jym, and thank you to the West Sound DGA! You guys have the best organized club in the state.....by far!
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Thanks for the info,Jym. We of the WSDGA intend to have a good relationship with the paintball operation, and also it's cool to hear there will be a disc and snack shop on-site. I believe we are having a walk-thru of the course tomorrow for some of the club members that haven't seen the layout yet.
            Basket thieves

Comment

any news on this? I believe I saw a Basket from the hiway

Comment

Alot of work has been going into this. Most of the fairways have been cleared, and it's almost "basket ready". There are 2 fund raisers scheduled I believe on June 18th and 25th. 20 bucks/pp to raise the last amount to cover the baskets, which have already been shipped. One of the WSDGA members fronted the last amount needed,and he needs to be reimbursed asap.Sorry, don't know all details, like start times, but this course should be all the way in by early July. Believe me, it's going to test your game.
                Basket thieves

Comment

is access going to be in the paintball area?

Comment

Access is up top before entering into the paintball area. It is now clearly marked. Plenty of parking.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X