X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next west crest meeting - April 24, 2010

Please show your support & come to this meeting.
    We are too close to not prove to the city of Seattle we are a large group of people who will not just be pushed aside. There will be this meeting & 1 more final one if we show up in full force it will make our chances allot greater in getting a new disc golf course installed into this park.
    I am thinking a round of doubles at Sea-tac would be in order afterwards.
    Chainbangerz will provide ctp's & prizes. Pass it on.

Bump... spreading the good word.
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I would definitely be going to the meeting, but unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town for the next week. Hope this one goes as good as the last, seems like the wheels are rolling in the right direction!
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I'll be there!
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Bumpage, Sheila and I will definitely be there!
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Yeah this meeting is the most important one of all!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I will not be able to host a doubles match at sea-tac after the meeting http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...lies/waaah.gif I am sorry to those who were planning on hittin up the Tac afterwards. Something came up with my sitter at the last minute, so once again I am sorry. I WILL make it up this Sunday at the ace pot tho. Chainbangerz will provide CTP prizes and 1st place prizes as well as the usual payout.BTW the ace pot is up to $180 http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...milies/yay.gif Please do not allow this to hinder your attendance to the meeting.I do appreciate your support and I look forward to seeing a strong Disc Golf presence at the meeting.Thankshttp://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/images/smilies/rockon.gif

Comment

TOMORROW 10AM !!!!! Be there or ... not be there but for sure you should be there... dude.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I showed up to the meeting with other golfers. Not as much of a showing as last time, but a decent contingent. One of the head people indicated they consulted with an arborist and DG was a no-go. Apparently, these trees are "pristine", which is understandable, but DG ... not so much. He brought up the fact that it would be "single use" activity, and that it would not fit in with their global view of the area as being multi-use, multi-generational. They brought up North Park as an example (and mentioned the nets used, perhaps insinuating that there would be potential of errant discs hitting people). Interestingly, a lot of locals at the first meeting were welcoming to us as we would (as usual) potentially keep the riff-raff away from the woods area because of the potential DG traffic (a lady at my table says she feels "uncomfortable" seeing a lot of main loitering in the parking area near the woods to "meet up"). Well, DG was shot down pretty quickly. I was the long DGer at my table and people seemed welcoming, but really didn't know the sport. I explained it to them, but they were more concerned about the off-leash/dog walking area. I was glad we showed up and made a presence.

Comment

Oops, meant to say men loitering ... not main loitering. You get the picture

Comment

Yeah, I also think it was good that we made a presence. It seemed even at the last meeting that the community was totally on board with the idea of disc golf but that the contractors and parks dept. already had a game plan before they even received community input - and it didn't include disc golf.

I wasn't entirely surprised but we should continue to be vocal about our need for a new course and hold Seattle Parks and King Co accountable for seeing that process through, somewhere.
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I'm disappointed; not only because disc golf at Westcrest was shot down but because of the drop off in the amount of people who showed up to support disc golf. I guess people only show if you offer them a free disc...

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                          Yeah, I also think it was good that we made a presence. It seemed even at the last meeting that the community was totally on board with the idea of disc golf but that the contractors and parks dept. already had a game plan before they even received community input - and it didn't include disc golf.

I wasn't entirely surprised but we should continue to be vocal about our need for a new course and hold Seattle Parks and King Co accountable for seeing that process through, somewhere.
                          It was a disappointment to see that all three of their plans focused on everything but discgolf. AND, I love how the dog park took up about 1/4 of the park and yet those people wanted MORE

I agree though that we need to keep pushing for a new course in Seattle and keep pressuring the parks dept to help make it possible.

It was nice getting to meet some fellow dgers, and it was nice to see us trying to promote this wonderful sport.
                          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

First and foremost I want to say THANKS to all the disc golfers that showed up to the meeting.
                            I'm greatful for any and all support.
                            Here are some of my thoughts.
                            Honestly I think It is ok that the Site Workshop does not see disc golf on or around the resevoir lid,neither do I.These meetings are specifically for the development of the resevoir lid. In a perfect world I was hoping some of that 3million dollar funding could be used for a new disc golf course throughout other regions of the park.But I see how the City Of Seattle Parks Dept works now,I'm not too shocked to learn that a city run dept handles things the way they did.Shameful tactics I must say. Thats great that one "arborist" said we can't do anything in those woods, but really! its one person, and its not even an official report. I know of an organization called the BFRO(bigfoot field researchers organization) and 1 person told me he saw bigfoot,and this was just last week.Should I believe him? I want to...but should I? Should we all?
                            So for starters I will be requesting a copy of this "report" and I will be seeking out a 3rd party arborist to give us his report.
                            I'm not giving up on this park.
                            Heres why Im not super disappointed: Discovering Open Spaces still has a grant in place and under review for West crest park as well as 7 others for $750,000.00 to be used for new disc golf course development.
                            Not only that but 2 King County Grants and 1 NMF(neighborhood matching fund) and 1 new REI disc golf grant. So please don't give up on me. I really do need all of your support. In order for this to happen we will all need to be together on this.
                            Please join the :CHAINS FOR THE BETTER movement in building community, 1 link at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by chainbanger'z View Post
                              First and foremost I want to say THANKS to all the disc golfers that showed up to the meeting.
                              I'm greatful for any and all support.
                              Here are some of my thoughts.
                              Honestly I think It is ok that the Site Workshop does not see disc golf on or around the resevoir lid,neither do I.These meetings are specifically for the development of the resevoir lid. In a perfect world I was hoping some of that 3million dollar funding could be used for a new disc golf course throughout other regions of the park.But I see how the City Of Seattle Parks Dept works now,I'm not too shocked to learn that a city run dept handles things the way they did.Shameful tactics I must say. Thats great that one "arborist" said we can't do anything in those woods, but really! its one person, and its not even an official report. I know of an organization called the BFRO(bigfoot field researchers organization) and 1 person told me he saw bigfoot,and this was just last week.Should I believe him? I want to...but should I? Should we all?
                              So for starters I will be requesting a copy of this "report" and I will be seeking out a 3rd party arborist to give us his report.
                              I'm not giving up on this park.
                              Heres why Im not super disappointed: Discovering Open Spaces still has a grant in place and under review for West crest park as well as 7 others for $750,000.00 to be used for new disc golf course development.
                              Not only that but 2 King County Grants and 1 NMF(neighborhood matching fund) and 1 new REI disc golf grant. So please don't give up on me. I really do need all of your support. In order for this to happen we will all need to be together on this.
                              Please join the :CHAINS FOR THE BETTER movement in building community, 1 link at a time.
                              Naw, we're not gonna give up. It's just a time to express our frustration, but the frustration is ephemeral. We'll continue to be tenacious and this will be our reputation.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X