• Show
Clear All

• Silver Lake Excaliber Course

Open call for walk through Sunday 3/28 from 10-1130

then up to Arlington for Hat Trick Doubles

Mett in main lot.
    rewindb.com

Hey Jub,
    Is there just one main parking lot at Silver Lake? The one by the beach? Is this it?

http://www.everettwa.org/Get_PDF.aspx?pdfID=801

Thanks!

Comment

I hope someone realizes that it's spelled "Excalibur" before they make signs.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
        Hey Jub,
        Is there just one main parking lot at Silver Lake? The one by the beach? Is this it?

http://www.everettwa.org/Get_PDF.aspx?pdfID=801

Thanks!
        Unless you use the bat cave!
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

There is parking on both sides of Silver Lake Road. The main lot for the park is on the east side of the road. I always see cops in the parking lot , so I wouldnt recommend any " Duikes of Hazzard " driving manuevers when you arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            I hope someone realizes that it's spelled "Excalibur" before they make signs.
            At Twin Rivers Arlington the really expensive sign has the river North of the course not to the south where it really is!
            rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
              At Twin Rivers Arlington the really expensive sign has the river North of the course not to the south where it really is!
              day arnt 2 smart out in ar lin tun. (cue the banjo)
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

At the pre walk through L/S BA, Jim Anderson, The Captn, Drakstar, Andrew and myself familiarize ourselves with the general topography and the biggest issue of freeway distractions were discussed. The property has great potential we just need to pace ourselves and show some patience.
                More info as it becomes available. Watch this space
                rewindb.com

Comment

The good news is, I think we all agreed that a challenging, full length, 18 hole course is possible if we can utilize the areas of the park that we walked.
                  The option of having hadicapped access to at least a few of the holes is relatively simple to achieve at the south end of the park.
                  So its looking good so far, except for my island hole, which got shot down in flames.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                    The good news is, I think we all agreed that a challenging, full length, 18 hole course is possible if we can utilize the areas of the park that we walked.
                    The option of having hadicapped access to at least a few of the holes is relatively simple to achieve at the south end of the park.
                    So its looking good so far, except for my island hole, which got shot down in flames.
                    No fountain hills west for u
                    Read this ^

Comment

But it went down in a blaze a glory. Nice slow death spiral. Then wham, it hit the water Hard!!!
                      It almost brought a tear to my eye
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                        No fountain hills west for u
                        I like courses like that, or Shelly Sharpe. Both make you play out over water, on your first shot, on the first hole.
                        No warmup, no practice, just a quick check to make sure your nuts are there, step up, and huck like your life depended on it.
                        Thats good golf right there.

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                        But it went down in a blaze a glory. Nice slow death spiral. Then wham, it hit the water Hard!!!
                        It almost brought a tear to my eye
                        Oh ya, I could see how torn up you were about it.

I'm still gonna work on core drilling the rock.

Whenever there is a new course planned in this area, I only hope its another challenging layout, like Seatac. A course like Ferguson Park may seem cute and adorable to the local city planners, but I think its relatively worthless to most disc golfers.
                        Somebody has to advocate for tournament worthy layouts, and I'm that guy.

I'm like the pro disc golf ombudsman, championing the rights of hardcore huksters everywhere. If I had a hot superhero girlfriend, her name would be Lois Lanes.

Comment

I got a pocket full of kryptonite. oh crap that pocket has a hole in it.
                          rewindb.com

Comment

So the City called today to inform me/us that the baskets and Fly's have beeen ordered. They have also asked for a show of hands who can particpate in the tee box work on Sunday the 23rd of May. I will post time ASAP. Any takers?
                            Last edited by LJ Jubner; May 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Hell yeah! I will be there. Let us know what we can bring to help. I will make an announcement at the LS Doubles on Monday as well.

A course in Everett! Sweet!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X