X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Lake - Everett, WA!

If you look in todays Everett Herald, the front page has info on a new course in Thornton A. Sullivan Park aka Silver lake in the upcomming months. No talk of whether it will be 9 or 18 holes but my guess is 18 (I hope). This will be a great addition and not far from MLT, BUT WILL help take away some of the crowds making both courses a great option.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Everett plans big upgrades for city parks
    Thornton A. Sullivan Park (Silver Lake): Disc golf, the sport in which players toss flying discs into baskets, is coming to Silver Lake in the next few months. So are a volleyball pit and soccer area. The city also plans to upgrade a rental hall, replace a floating dock on the east side of the lake and upgrade a restroom. Workers also plan to permanently remove the dock near the beach area — a move that should improve water quality. Cost: $250,000.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

By the way, don't count on 18 holes. The wooded area next to the freeway (which is where I imagine they'd put a course) is 8 acres; they'd have to use pretty much the entire park to get 18 baskets in, and that seems unlikely given the other plans.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Edit: Wrong addy. Different park.
        Here is proper address: 11400 W. Silver Lake Rd. Everett, WA 98208

Google street view is available.

I'm all for another course on the I-5 corridor. Good rest stop on my way to Seattle.

Looks like concrete walking path already in place, bordered by lake on one side. Nice trees.
        Last edited by Cornwall, Esq.; March 18th, 2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Google Maps: http://tinyurl.com/silver-lake-map
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I believe I've heard rumors of an object course existing here for a while.
            Last edited by Tim; March 18th, 2010, 08:50 AM. Reason: Adam did it better.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              I believe I've heard rumors of an object course existing here for a while.
              Until we start setting up weekly events for a basket fund eh?

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Damn Papers who reads em anyway!!!!!!

Now that the cat is out of the bag so to read. Yes there will be a small course coming soon at Silver Lake. This has been a three year process pitching DG to the Everett P/R Dept. In the beginning Randy Cox, Jim O Connor and I met with several P/R reps about the possibilities of DG in Everett. Since Randy moved I have been working off and on, trying to keep the lid on projects. ( it's been my experience DG can't understand why it won't happen soon, while P/R work 18 months out.) This is a trail effort continuing the pitch for a full sized tournament ready venue.

Yesterday I walked through with the actual people who control the purse strings and got the go ahead for conceptual hole/ course layouts. Baskets and Fly mats

I want to stress that although we don't now exactly how it will layout. I can tell you there will be at least a 75 ' wide barrier between the course and the Mobile Home Park directly South of the proposed site.

This will not be a tournament course. (It's layout will work for daily/weekly leagues.)
                I have proposed a true wheel chair friendly section of the course.

This course is intended to provide activities of the Camp across the street. I want to really stress that Everett might look big but it's still very conservative. So be aware we are being sized up and your personal actions speak so much louder then all of our words.

As this project moves forward I will share info about any important details and eventual course layouts here.

Till then come to the FIRST Bangerz work party at SeaTac. This Sat from 11-3 Tourny Central. Still lots of time to play after.

After work party crowing is encouraged
                rewindb.com

Comment

This is only 15 minutes from my house, which is much better than the 25-30 minutes that Terrace and Arlington is. Good job Jub! When can we expect completion?
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

patience young patiwon
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Of course Master.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                        Now that the cat is out of the bag so to read. Yes there will be a small course coming soon at Silver Lake. This has been a three year process pitching DG to the Everett P/R Dept. In the beginning Randy Cox, Jim O Connor and I met with several P/R reps about the possibilities of DG in Everett. Since Randy moved I have been working off and on, trying to keep the lid on projects. ( it's been my experience DG can't understand why it won't happen soon, while P/R work 18 months out.) This is a trail effort continuing the pitch for a full sized tournament ready venue.

Yesterday I walked through with the actual people who control the purse strings and got the go ahead for conceptual hole/ course layouts. Baskets and Fly mats

I want to stress that although we don't now exactly how it will layout. I can tell you there will be at least a 75 ' wide barrier between the course and the Mobile Home Park directly South of the proposed site.

This will not be a tournament course. (It's layout will work for daily/weekly leagues.)
                        I have proposed a true wheel chair friendly section of the course.

This course is intended to provide activities of the Camp across the street. I want to really stress that Everett might look big but it's still very conservative. So be aware we are being sized up and your personal actions speak so much louder then all of our words.

As this project moves forward I will share info about any important details and eventual course layouts here.

Till then come to the FIRST Bangerz work party at SeaTac. This Sat from 11-3 Tourny Central. Still lots of time to play after.

After work party crowing is encouraged
                        Qustion is...why has this course been kept quiet when there are lots of people from the area interested in helping? Just wondering?

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Because it's Jub. If he has the inside scoop on something it is OK for him to keep it under wraps. If he doesn't know anything about it then there will be hell to pay and you have to put up with the whole "Why is everything such a secret?" type of thing.

Comment

Either way, Silver Lake is a great location for a course.
                            Last edited by JR Stengele; March 18th, 2010, 07:05 PM.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment