X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drkstr View Post
    Are the plans only for the southern end of the park? We took a look at the site yesterday and were thinking there could be nine holes in the southern end and nine in the wooded area between the park and the freeway. Either way please sign me up for any work parties, meetings or whatever.

Looking forward to a Basket Fund Raising Event.

Word! Where would we hold a basket raising tournament? Fircrest?
    Thomas aka sillybizz would like that. Afterall, it is HIS course.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I never really even considered the unimproved portion on the west side of Silver Lake Road, its swampy, and very narrow. With the road and the freeway down both sides, and I think a trailer park on the south end, I didnt think it would be easily made safe for golfing.

The south portion of the park is already improved, so its easy to install a course, almost turn key, and the paths and walkways are already there.

All my pictures are from the park area on the east side of Silver Lake Road.
      The road you see in these pictures , is actually inside the park, and serves only as a walkway presently. Carefully placed tees and baskets would mean at least a few of these holes could be accesible to more golfers.

Silver Lake Road is on the left side of the fence in the picture below

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
        Thomas aka sillybizz would like that. Afterall, it is HIS course.
        I thought his course was Ferguson, where he keeps racking up all his aces.

Comment

You guys know me too well! I have many home courses. On a related story, I almost aced hole six at Bicenntenial again the other day.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
            You guys know me too well! I have many home courses. On a related story, I almost aced hole six at Bicenntenial again the other day.
            Sir Thomas has several "home" courses including...

Ferguson
            Bakerview
            Fircrest
            Bicentennial
            and last but not least
            Vashion

Nobody beats him on these bad boys so don't even try!
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Don't forget Volunteer Park and Fredrickson! If memory serves me John I took you at Volunteer in Lakebay. hahah of course then you killed me at Dalaiwood and you got a skip ace, but let's not talk about that.

By the way I challenge anyone at any of those courses mentioned and I will win. hehee

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Check out this superb look, down towards the lake.
                I can see a basket on the brown patch, just in front, and slightly to the right of the large tree thats down by the water.

This is another great look down towards the water
                Last edited by captain jack; March 19th, 2010, 09:56 PM. Reason: Pictures added

Comment

The first two pictures are of some of graded areas perfectly leveled and about the right sizes for tee boxes, I found a few of these in different spots.

This one is actually two levelled spots, side by side, could be two tees for opposing holes

this spot is right next to the paved path

and another great look for a low wiggle shot under the trees down towards the lake

This is the south entrance to the park, looking north towards the beach area in the distance.

Lanes and lanes

Last edited by captain jack; March 19th, 2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

One of the reasons why it was decided to keep this under wraps is DG'rs have a tendency to over commit or promise to do to much. Every project is on a shoestring budget. I guess what I am trying to say is I am hoping to avoid some of the maintenance headaches we have at almost all the other courses in Western WA. My approach is lets see what the P/R are willing to do for us. Like they already have the flymats, are willing to do some of the heavy clearing and maybe even have baskets funds. It's been my experience DG'rs will offer to do everything ourselves just to get the course in. The P/R has already had 6 inquiries about heading up this type of project, fortunately all have been redirected back to us.

It's time to be very patient. Lets see how this plays out.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                      It's time to be very patient. Lets see how this plays out.
                      Oakely dokely.
                      But I did take a bunch of pictures, with the sole purpose of helping to design the layout, so I'm gonna post a few more.

There is a small finger of land that juts out 75 feet into Silver Lake.
                      I would love to see a basket out at the end of this.

More unused areas of the park.

This boulder would be good for hiding a basket behind, its about 4 feet tall.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                        There is a small finger of land that juts out 75 feet into Silver Lake.
                        I would love to see a basket out at the end of this.
                        I think that would be a horrible mistake.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yeah, a basket on that thing (sure it's not some kind of dock?) is just dumb. A teepad, on the other hand...
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Awwww , c'mon, dont be a Nancy boy, man up !

So we keep a lock box full of R-Pro Hydras on the shore, and a floating barrier maybe in a 20 foot cirlce around the end of the peninsula, to capture all the floating discs and corral them in like little bathtub ducks.

Here's another view, its not really a dock, there is shrubs growing out at the end.

What can I say, I like a good challenge.

Comment

I admit I don't like losing plastic, but it would give me a reason to throw my old Lightning stuff I guess. hehe

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

This would be great. Just moved up here from Mountlake and am only about 10min away. Nice to see some possible courses coming into the picture here. Great work Jub let me know if I can do anything to help.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X