Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course coming to Lynden, WA? (Whatcom County)

http://www.lyndentribune.com/node/5530

The proposed district land, which still needs final sale approval, is east of the city’s land and south of the new road connecting Seventh Street to Sixth Street.

Rich Waldemar, recreation district commissioner, said that the extra land would enable the district and the city to expand the park’s offerings.

Vern Meenderinck, city parks director, said that the first development of the new park will be a disc golf course.

The recreation district has made a verbal commitment to fund the course.

"The rest of the area we are mulling over," Meenderinck said.
    Oregon disc golf map

Nice good to hear.....On a side note its interesting how some cities jump all over the idea and even want to fund it. Where other cites like Mount Vernon and Burlington, Just 30mins away, View it as more maintenace cost and stuff for people to vandalize....Luck of the Draw.
    Last edited by sk8architecture; March 17th, 2010, 02:33 PM. Reason: I spilled my beer
    WORK LESS THROW MORE
    http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Originally posted by sk8architecture View Post
      Nice good to hear.....On a side note its interesting how some cities jump all over the idea and even want to fund it. Where other cites like Mount Vernon and Burlington, Just 30mins away, View it as more maintenace cost and stuff for people to vandalize....Luck of the Draw.
      I think it has more to do with how and who it is presented to than luck
      Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
        I agree. The dynamics of dealing with politics is interesting and fustrating. One can convince some members of the park dept. that its a good idea. But the person who writes the check for the parks dept. doesn't so its out the door. I have alot of city contacts just with my day job who are interested with the idea of disc golf, but like you said I have to convince the right people.
        WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          http://www.lyndentribune.com/node/5530

The proposed district land, which still needs final sale approval, is east of the city’s land and south of the new road connecting Seventh Street to Sixth Street.

Rich Waldemar, recreation district commissioner, said that the extra land would enable the district and the city to expand the park’s offerings.

Vern Meenderinck, city parks director, said that the first development of the new park will be a disc golf course.

The recreation district has made a verbal commitment to fund the course.

"The rest of the area we are mulling over," Meenderinck said.
          With a new course coming to Marysville, and now this, it is great to see more courses popping up north of seattle. There is a ton of unused land with so much potential! If only we could get something happening in Everett now!!!

Please keep us posted Adam. Thanks.
          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
            Not always. A lot of small towns actually come to the idea on their own.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years as more and more small towns are starting to realize the full potential and more and more sponsorship money gets into the sport. I would believe that once there is enough interest and money that the private disc golf course sector will start to boom. I think there is only one public course on the PGA tour others private. Would this be the case for disc golf 15 years from now????? Off topic but I don't care.
              WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

Lets maintain our image as good stewards of the land and gracious guests in this conservative, rural town.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornwall, Esq. View Post
                  Lets maintain our image as good stewards of the land and gracious guests in this conservative, rural town.
                  We should do this no matter what town we are in. Some people just don't get it though. Good luck on the new course, when I visit Bellingham I'll stop on over and play.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Any updates?

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I haven't heard anything while out at the local courses from fellow discers. JR- I think we may have run in to each other out at Mossy Roc last weekend during the light rain, on 5/29. I was with two other people, and we caught up a group on #24-26. Was that you?

Comment

Not I. However, I will be up there this weekend most likely. Perhaps over the summer we can get a round in.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X