X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New course in Marysville, WA?

Strawberry Field Sports Complex is going to have a new course put in by summer. It will be an 18 hole course designed by Lowell. Anyone know much else or got much to say on the matter? Just wondering.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Lowell e-mailed people (I'm on his list, not sure if his e-mails get to everybody) and he mentioned this, and added that this was "thanks to the" SDGC. There were no details at all, so I'm sorry I can't tell you anything further. I'm sure by starting this thread we'll hear more. I think this is awesome! Looking forward to it, and thanks to Lowell for designing it and getting another course for all of us to play.

Comment

I agree. I did get his email but just wondered if we had any more info. Thanks Ken for the post.

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

http://ci.marysville.wa.us/index.htm...y_fields.htm&1

Here is a link to their website, it says 72 acres, I wonder how much involves disc golf and how much dodging we will be doing of soccer fields.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

According to Map Quest it's 20 minutes from my house which is about 5 minutes closer than Arlington and 10 minutes longer than both Lake Stevens and Snohomish. Looking at the map it's more in Smokey Point than Marysville and even then it's east SP.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Moderator, this could probably be moved to new courses. Thanks.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Yeah John what's the deal starting a new thread in the wrong place?!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Any more info on this course?

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                  Any more info on this course?
                  Yes, check Lowell's website for the details, course map, and grand opening information. You can also sign up for the Lowell twitter updates on his facebook page.
                  Last edited by LakeStevensBA; March 25th, 2010, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                    Yes, check Lowell's website for the details, course map, and grand opening information. You can also sign up for the Lowell twitter updates on his facebook page.

Yeah twitter is not my thing, nor is facebook. Could you list his website though for me? Thanks BA!

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Just plug into his RSS feed. May as well subscribe to his podcasts, while you're at it.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

The Lowell after dark Public Access Broadcast debuts Fri 3/26 at 11:59pm

The last five minutes will cover disc golf info. The first twenty five minutes.....

Did you ever see that Shannon show?
                        Read this ^

Comment

You guys are brutal.

Comment

I talked to Lowell today. He said the course is already designed and the city is hoping to have baskets in by spring. He doesn't know an exact date yet but some info about the couse....good news this course is gonna be seatac big or bigger with 600+ ft holes. Some bad news is the city as of right now is not gonna allow cement pads it's all bark for now.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonVP View Post
                              I talked to Lowell today. He said the course is already designed and the city is hoping to have baskets in by spring. He doesn't know an exact date yet but some info about the couse....good news this course is gonna be seatac big or bigger with 600+ ft holes. Some bad news is the city as of right now is not gonna allow cement pads it's all bark for now.
                              That is great news assuming these holes are not only long but well designed, which I am sure they are.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X