X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential New Course in Cove, OR

I am in the beginning of the pre-planning stages of creating a 9 hole course on the Ascension School property in Cove, OR. This course would be open to the public when the camp is not in session. The map provided is a rough estimate of possible pin and tee locations and will probably change before the actually course goes in. I have a meeting with the camp board May 21st I am planning to present them with the E.D.G.E. Park Course Package (as it looks like the best deal for the money because it includes the E.D.G.E. discs and curriculum which the camp would allow the local schools to use) and a better map of where things would be located. There are two potential starting points for this course hole 1 (obviously) this is where the sports equipment is stored and hole 6 which would be near the camp offices. This camp has some great views of the La Grande valley and near by mountains.
    Map
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

I am meeting with the Camp Board of Directors at the camp this Friday… Anyone have any last minute words of wisdom or advice that has worked for you?
    Throw What You Know.
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

It's a Yes... sort of

Its official that we are starting to find a way to make an official course happen. I have been given permission to design and lay out a course. I will start this next weekend... Threre are still some logistics that the board wants to invistigate, but its a start
      Throw What You Know.
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

I am excited.. My in-laws live between Union and Cove.. Now I have a great reason to make sure my discs are in the car every time we go for a visit..

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce2223 View Post
          I am excited.. My in-laws live between Union and Cove.. Now I have a great reason to make sure my discs are in the car every time we go for a visit..
          It's not there yet as it is still in the planning and fundraising stages. However, if you have 3 to 5 thousand dollars (completely tax deductible, as Ascension School is a 501 non-profit) we could have it in by the end of this summer. Heck, we would take anything just tell them it is a donation for a disc golf course.
          Throw What You Know.
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X