X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medford Hopes; Jackson County Hopes

(Mods, please move this, if I'm using the wrong forum... thanks!)

RVDA resumed our monthly meetings with Medford Parks and Rec tonight.
    P&R folks: Marie Cabler and Pete Young
    RVDA folks: John Bostwick, Bob Chard, Gabe McColgan, me
    Main topic was our hopes for an 18-hole course at Chrissey Park in Medford. Pete reported that an engineer completed a study on the erosion of creek banks and made recommendations for stopping the erosion; that the parking lot and bridge over the creek required for our 18-hole course may be delayed for at least a few years due to the economy (a water tank that they thought would be needed by now, is not yet needed as so few new houses are being built, and roads required to build the water tank would have sped up our parking lot... something like that, anyway).
    So, what can we do in the meantime there? Well, Pete said he would ask for a small parking area to be created near the street, and for permission for us to put in a temporary course in a less desirable (to us) part of the park, while we're awaiting access to the area we really want. Hooray!
    We also requested that P&R look again for some smaller plots within the city where we could put in some 9-hole courses for the casual players, as there is currently no place to play in Medford. Marie will be meeting with the city in about a week and will let us know what she learns.
    Our next disc golf subcommitte meeting with the Medford Parks & Rec meeting is Monday March 8th at 5:30 in the Santos Center.

Jackson County:
    Tomorrow (Feb 9th) at 6pm at the Expo, the master plan for White City's Sportsman's Park will be discussed. A group of us plan to attend. I understand a good turn-out would weigh in our favor, so, if anyone can join us, do! It's in a building with a very long name that includes "Watchable Wildlife Memorial". Bob Chard says there's some good land out there for us. Keep your fingers crossed.

After the meeting, Bob showed us some other sweet possibilities: Agate Lake and Emigrant Lake in Jackson County, and his ideas for a course at RCC in Grants Pass.

Gold Hill:
    We're on the agenda for the next Gold Hill City Council meeting, Monday March 1st at 5:30; we'll ask for permission to install a 9-hole course at the Gold Hill Sports Park. This will be our third meeting with the council and we hope to come away with approval.

Whew. Good night, all.
    -Sue Currie, RVDA's scribe

That's cool. I grew up in Grants Pass. I have since moved to Portland and am going to school at Western Oregon, but if I was still down there, I would be doing whatever possible to support.

Good luck with everything.
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X