Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
    That's Mr. Shankenstein to you, Andrew.
    What's for lunch today Tobes? Shankenbuger? You wouldn't last long is prison Toby, you get shanked!

Don't worry about it buddy.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Hello, This is Michael Gay, the TD of WDDGA, wish u the best of luck and we pray for u, Kevin. I surely hope that we win!!! Would be a badass to have more disc golf courses throughout WA. There will be some Deaf DGers attending there! Show them our desires!!!

Good Luck!

Comment

Just to remind everyone that this meeting is TOMORROW. There will probably be some playing after the meeting at the Tac if you want to join for that as well. See you all tomorrow at 10am.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I had a chance to look at Westcrest last weekend and the place would be spectacular for golf. Blows the other plots I looked at previously out of the water. I'll try to post some motivational pictures later tonight
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
            I had a chance to look at Westcrest last weekend and the place would be spectacular for golf. Blows the other plots I looked at previously out of the water. I'll try to post some motivational pictures later tonight
            Way to be one step ahead. Good lookin out, chief.
            anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

OK, here are some pictures of Westcrest - just a tad late for the meeting but good to throw them out there anyway.

Last edited by cefire; February 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM. Reason: Better late than never...
              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

A quick update, I'm sure there will be more discussion; but for those who couldn't be there, we really had a great turnout and filled more than half of the room just with disc golfers (probably 40 or so golfers in total ).

Out of the 14 or so plans that the entire group submitted as part of the break out work groups, disc golf was suggested in each of them. At the very least, we have shown that we are organized and that there is a need for more courses. The community members were very open to new ideas and really seemed to feel that disc golf among many other potential improvements would be a great addition to the park.

It looks like there will be another meeting to further discuss options for park development in late April.
                'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Great job everyone, huge turnout as Andrew says. Also thank you Andrew for doing the walk through with the others while we were out having fun at Lakewood.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Looking at those pictures I can't help but think of Horning's Hideout. I know this place isn't half the size of that but those images just remind me of it.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I don't want to speak out of turn, but I think the meeting went VERY well today.
                      -It seems no one but us wants to deal with the Souh end of the park.
                      -The off-leash folks (who can be very vocal) get what they want
                      -We're not viewed as wanting to "ruin" anything already going on besides drug deals and "casual encounters" (I think that's the term)

And correct me if I'm wrong, but we're not even asking for money from this project. I can't see a hurdle here.
                      Thanks to everyone that came out, and a special thanks to Keith for getting it on our radar and continuing to follow through.
                      BTH
                      Last edited by Cold Steel; February 6th, 2010, 08:29 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

Article about the meeting, with a photo that probably shows a few of you:

http://westseattleblog.com/2010/02/w...-parking-pleas
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I love Kyle and his "enjoy disc golf" shirt. They don't call him "Killa" for nothing!

pssst, hey Kyle! What about Shakespeare?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                            They don't call him "Killa" for nothing!
                            yeesh... I might have shaved that morning had I known that I'd later be speaking in front of a community meeting with Disc Golf plastered on my chest, let alone getting photographed and published online.

My experience with this meeting could be described as a rollercoaster of emotion that seems to have levelled out on a high. I think I speak for many attendees of the meeting in saying that I was initially disappointed to learn that this $3mil Westcrest Park renovation project is allocated to the wide open area in the NW of the park, but now I'm aware of several new things that make the big picture a lot more optimistic: (1) Keith was aware of the limited scope of this project, and he knew that disc golf may not factor much into it, (2) he has already applied for at least one (several?) sizeable grant to fund the installation of a new course somewhere in King County yet to be determined, and Westcrest Park (specifically the forested areas) is one of the best potential locations for a new Seattle course, (3) by showing up to that meeting in droves, we got the attention of many Westcrest neighbors and parks people, and made it clear that a large constituency would like to see disc golf in the future considerations for that park, and finally (4) by heeding the designer's pleas to "think outside our disc golf box" and fully participating in all aspects in the meeting, we left favorable impressions of disc golf with many people who may be helpful in our future efforts to get a course in the unused forested sections of Westcrest.

Huge thanks to everyone who showed up; it is absolutely commendable to take time out of your day (especially a gorgeous Saturday like that!) and contribute, even if only a little bit, to a cause you love and believe in.

Comment

Woah, that first sentence reads somewhat petty and insecure, and it got me thinking a little off-topic... I was actually about to step onto a soapbox right now and clarify my views on Americans' self-esteem as influenced by the mass media's unnatural portrayal of beauty, but my computer froze, I lost the New Yorker-worthy exposť* I had written, and I'm too tired to recall it accurately.

So I guess it will have to suffice to state that I didn't mean to come across as though I'm at all dismayed about not "looking my best" in a photo... I only meant that in that small and brief role as an ambassador for disc golf, it would have been beneficial for me to be as well-kempt as possible. Because despite the fact that I bite my thumb** at society's conventions of grooming and attire, image is ultimately a factor in making impressions and persuasive communication.

* no, I'm not seriously that vain.
                              ** Tom, that's what about Shakespeare.

Comment

Looks good for next year's calendar.
                                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X