X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leverich Park, Vancouver, Washington, USA

I just received word from Vancouver Parks and Recreation that the disc golf plan for Leverich Park has been approved!

The parks department is committed to getting the course in there in the very near future (Fall 2008). We will be finalizing the course layout and exact specifications for baskets, tees and tee signs in the next week or so.

We will also be raising some funds to pay for the course, although it sounds like P&R is committed to making this happen even if we don't have all the funds.

If you would like to help design, give money, or help with work parties to build the course, please let me know and I will add you to our mailing list. Donations are tax deductible!

Steve
    vcdg.org

NICE! GREAT job, Steve!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Damn, that was fast... they must have a REALLY big wino problem down there.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Count me in for help Steve.
        this is me when I hit a tree, after tree, after tree

Comment

I'd like to help out too. That park is way too close to my house for me not to help.

Comment

Steve is supposed to meet with the parks ground maintenance guy and the park and recs rep this week to find out if we can get holes for the baskets where he wants them. It sounds like would be able to have course in a few months, if not sooner.
            this is me when I hit a tree, after tree, after tree

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
              I just received word from Vancouver Parks and Recreation that the disc golf plan for Leverich Park has been approved!

The parks department is committed to getting the course in there in the very near future (Fall 2008). We will be finalizing the course layout and exact specifications for baskets, tees and tee signs in the next week or so.

We will also be raising some funds to pay for the course, although it sounds like P&R is committed to making this happen even if we don't have all the funds.

If you would like to help design, give money, or help with work parties to build the course, please let me know and I will add you to our mailing list. Donations are tax deductible!

Steve
              vcdg.org

Steve:

Your community leadership is to be commended. Congratulations on your accomplishments!
              Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Meeting tomorrow with maintenance director for the park. Cross your fingers that he is a nice guy!

Comment

Meeting tomorrow with maintenance director for the park. Cross your fingers that he is a nice guy!
                  Need any backup?
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

If you are available, you are welcome to come. However, we are meeting in the Esther Short building at 6th and Esther, not at the park as I had hoped. So I think the goal is to orient the maintenance director to the sport and get him familiar with the equipment. Also, they want to outline responsibilities and procedures regarding the exact approval process so we are all on the same page.

Basically as I understand it, they want to make sure we aren't headed out there with post hole diggers until there is a procedure for approving each tee sign, basket etc.

Comment

FYI: Installation day is looking like November 8th, 2008. Please mark your calendars if you are interested in helping build a new course.

Comment

FYI: Installation day is looking like November 8th, 2008. Please mark your calendars if you are interested in helping build a new course.
                        Steve, what are the costs to sponsor a hole, or contribute funding to the course in some other fashion? Unfortunately, I have a wedding to officiate that day, but I'd still like to help...
                        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Sponsorship Information

Since the parks department is picking up the cost of the baskets and the tee signs, all we have to raise money for is installation! We are doing that in the form of hole sponsorships. Basic hole sponsorship is $100 and Gold sponsorship is $500. The only difference is in how sponsors are recognized on official scorecards etc.

We already have 5 holes sponsored so if anyone is interested, please let me know as soon as possible!

Please click below to download all the forms necessary to sponsor a hole.
                          Download PDF file
                          Last edited by Wog; October 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM. Reason: Adding attachment

Comment

Great time at leverich work party.

I personally had a great time at the leverich work party.It felt good to bring a course to vancouver. For all new and incoming disc golfers to enjoy.It was very rewarding to build a great course and then be one of the first people to play it.It is a great course with potential for me to get some more aces.The more the better.

Comment

It would be cool to get some reviews from those of you that have played the course on http://dgcoursereview.com Thanks - Steve

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X