The latest on the Clallam County saga:

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ar...NEWS/809160304
    Oregon disc golf map

Looks like the Cassandras and Chicken Littles won, for now:

http://www.sequimgazette.com/Article...posal_shelved/
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

That sucks.

I think that these groups should change their names. Friends of Pier Park, for example. Sure... they do some good stuff... but by and large think that they should be the people to make the decisions for the park. This is more like Fascists of Pier Park than Friends, in my opinion.

Cue the "let's not piss them off" post in 3... 2... 1...
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

...zero.

Um, yeah. Let's not. Seriously. Remember, they have Google and know how to use it; the ODSA forum actually became a real issue in the Clallam County thing.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The latest: Disc golf at Robin Hill to be yanked from Clallam park plan
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Typical bs from people who fear change and assume that the world was created just for them.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post

OMG . . . we the disc golfers are requesting a 20 acre parcel out of 195, how greedy . . . oh, and the trails in said 20 acre parcel can still be used by other park patrons while disc golfers are using them . . .

"Friends of Robin Hill worked diligently to see that disc golf did not happen in a park where passive activity prevails," Fogel wrote in a Jan. 5 letter to the parks board."
              Passive activity, eh?

Sometimes people get bored and just want something to contend or fight against for no real apparent reason, other than self satisfaction. IMO, it appears that that is the case here . . . the "Friends" of Robin Hill simply need to find some other real travesty to focus on; when that happens, maybe disc golf will be a go. Sad

Disc golfers have been cleaning up parks, and chasing out the riff-raff for 30 years now. It's a bummer that you have to deal with this negativity Adam, but keep your chin up, and keep chippin' away.

my two cents . . .

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post
                It's a bummer that you have to deal with this negativity Adam, but keep your chin up, and keep chippin' away.
                I have no dog in this fight; I've never even been to Sequim. I just troll news.google.com every day for items about disc golf.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  I have no dog in this fight; I've never even been to Sequim. I just troll news.google.com every day for items about disc golf.

OH . . . laugh . . . keep your chin up anyway . . .

Maybe we need a nw disc golf activist group that provides organized support for these exact situations . . .

two more cents

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post
                    OH . . . laugh . . . keep your chin up anyway . . .

Maybe we need a nw disc golf activist group that provides organized support for these exact situations . . .

two more cents

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com
                    I was in the middle of that fight up in Sequim with Michael McAleer,and we very much appreciated the support we got from our disc golf extended family down in Oregon,with theie email campaign. What ended up happening was that the group against the course used that outside support against us by saying that we recruited "a bunch of out-of towners" to pad our support group.Not one of these people realize that disc golfers travel to play new courses,spend money locally,etc. Actually ,they didn't really care.That park is incredibly under-used. But they don't want that to change.They were saying things like we were going to bring in bulldozers to clear fairways,and then getting they're friends to buy that crap and jump on their bandwagon.I ended up getting disgusted with the whole thing when the county caved to their pressure(it was an election year, and the commissioners were being threatened with their jobs)and I moved to Kitsap county.Now I have 5 courses within a 30 min.drive. Life is good....
                    Basket thieves

Comment

there is now a park in Sequim/Carlsborg
                      it's on the south side of HWY 101, between Carlsborg rd and KitchenDick rd

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...ed=0CDYQ8gEwAA

I started a thread about it in the new parks section: http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/show...ghlight=sequim

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X