Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russellm2 View Post
    Hi all.

I'm with the Ford Leadership Institute class planning a disc golf course for the Astoria area, with the goal of providing more all-ages outdoor and fitness activities in our area. You can check us out at:
    http://www.lowercolumbiadiscgolf.info/. On a personal note, it's a bummer to only get to play on trips to Portland. So, we welcome anyone who wants to help us get a course built out here. Besides, it's another great excuse to come visit the beautiful North Coast.

I'm currently doing outreach to recruit a course designer(s), plus folks interested in helping fund-raise or construct. We have a goal of building at least 9 holes in summer 2010. There's a lot of momentum -- local schools and parks and rec programs have been purchasing portable disc golf units so we know there is interest.

Let me know if you'd like to get involved, have some pointers, or want to know more about our potential locations. You can contact our group through the website, or contact me directly at:
    russellmicah@hotmail.com
    503-812-7522

Thanks very much!
    -Micah Russell
    Fort Stevens State Park would be a great place for a course. Oregon State Parks Dept. is becoming more and more supportive.

Keep us updated on how things are going or if you need any help from this side of the Coast Range. When you have 18 holes in the ground, I'll throw a little "Bash at the Beach", PDGA B Tier.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by russellm2 View Post
      Hi all.

I'm with the Ford Leadership Institute class planning a disc golf course for the Astoria area, with the goal of providing more all-ages outdoor and fitness activities in our area. You can check us out at:
      http://www.lowercolumbiadiscgolf.info/. On a personal note, it's a bummer to only get to play on trips to Portland. So, we welcome anyone who wants to help us get a course built out here. Besides, it's another great excuse to come visit the beautiful North Coast.

I'm currently doing outreach to recruit a course designer(s), plus folks interested in helping fund-raise or construct. We have a goal of building at least 9 holes in summer 2010. There's a lot of momentum -- local schools and parks and rec programs have been purchasing portable disc golf units so we know there is interest.

Let me know if you'd like to get involved, have some pointers, or want to know more about our potential locations. You can contact our group through the website, or contact me directly at:
      russellmicah@hotmail.com
      503-812-7522

Thanks very much!
      -Micah Russell
      Whatever you do, DO get a course designer with experience. Learn from the mistakes of those who have gone before you, and do not make them again. There's a LOT of course design info and tips out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        So TreeLove, the Gibsons, Over the Hill Bob, and I bought 58 tamales between us... I'd like to think that made us some kind of heroes in the eyes of the disc golf fundraisers, but it turns out they sold more than 2000 of them!
        Those tamales made a pit stop at my place, the logistics made it a must. Stern set me up with a couple for a handlers fee and boy were they good!! I didn't think of steaming them... just nuked em' with some cheese. MMMMMMMM
        Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
        Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

http://www.lowercolumbiadiscgolf.info/

Updated March 22, 2010.

12 Hole Course Construction
          Design Team - April & May 2010
          Construction - Summer 2010
          Grand Opening - August or September 2010

Volunteers Wanted
          Design testing
          Brush clearing
          Building of tee pads and stream crossings
          Installation of baskets
          Formation of a disc golf club to provide maintenance, promote disc golf in the area, and build more courses!

Short Sleeve T-shirt $15 (2 color logo, large on front of shirt)
          Golf Disc $12 (1 color logo on disc)

Tamale Fundraiser Spring 2010... Back by Popular Demand!
          Last edited by Ol' Bob; March 29th, 2010, 01:24 PM.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Tamales are back! Wonder if we can get a PDX delivery again...
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              Tamales are back! Wonder if we can get a PDX delivery again...
              I missed out last year, but I want in this year!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I'm always down for a dozen tamales.... great bachelor grub!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X