X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass Creek Park DGC (Curtin, OR)

So... I thought it might be time to let everyone know that DGO or DiscGolfOregon.com has signed a 5 year term agreement on Pass Creek Park in Curtin Oregon.

This course is located about 10 minutes south of Cottage Grove on I-5. This course will be a BEAR... 9 holes measuring 3200+ feet. Couple of the holes play across, or around the small lake. With hole #3 being a 320+ foot Island shot, with the basket completely surrounded by water, except a small foot bridge.

The course will eventually feature 9 baskets, concrete tees, and signage.

BUT for right now we are looking to get some work parties going to clean up some brush, mark the pads, and install tone poles.

SO... we are officially putting a shout out to anyone that can help. We need tone poles so we can get the course in the ground. If you have a tone pole not being used for another purpose and would like to temporarily loan it out to Pass creek that would be awesome!

Our goal is to have baskets installed in under 2 years, with concrete happening at the same time. Time to start raising some funds.
    http://www.discgolforegon.com

I looked this place up on google maps.
    The park has a giant water hazard called Lake Diane and an island with a bridge. (Island basket?)
    Is the course going in around the lake?

It looks like it would a challenging place to play.

Comment

Yes, they're going to use the ponds: http://www.nrtoday.com/article/20091...ntProfile=1055
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I know there are a few tone poles laying in the woods at Bryant Park where they've gotten real baskets. Maybe the Albany Club would loan them?

Comment

Originally posted by discgolforegon View Post
          So... I thought it might be time to let everyone know that DGO or DiscGolfOregon.com has signed a 5 year term agreement on Pass Creek Park in Curtin Oregon.

This course is located about 10 minutes south of Cottage Grove on I-5. This course will be a BEAR... 9 holes measuring 3200+ feet. Couple of the holes play across, or around the small lake. With hole #3 being a 320+ foot Island shot, with the basket completely surrounded by water, except a small foot bridge.

The course will eventually feature 9 baskets, concrete tees, and signage.

BUT for right now we are looking to get some work parties going to clean up some brush, mark the pads, and install tone poles.

SO... we are officially putting a shout out to anyone that can help. We need tone poles so we can get the course in the ground. If you have a tone pole not being used for another purpose and would like to temporarily loan it out to Pass creek that would be awesome!

Our goal is to have baskets installed in under 2 years, with concrete happening at the same time. Time to start raising some funds.

Another new course. Awesome.

You guys might want to check and see if there is a fire extinguisher company in the area. I know the old water type extinguishers would make great tone-poles if you remove the valve and cut the bottom off.

I know if these things fail their pressure tests they can't be refilled and are generally recycled.

Good luck.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

What are some other ideas for tones or alternative targets... I liked the hula-hoop 'baskets' at the course outside of Glacier, WA. They were varying sizes, and constructed of hula-hoop tubing and batting cage netting. Each target was horizontal, and supported by gathered sticks and other natural objects.

I liked these a little bit more than tone poles because of the 'basket' effect. I thought it'd have been neat if some of the hula-hoops were place vertically and placed up in trees and such...
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

For the initial installation we are asking Lowes for a Sponsorship of materials. If they accept we will use 6 inch Treated posts for the targets. We are trying to come up with some nice bells for tones that would be a nice touch. When you hit them they will ring and should be pretty unique.

Will keep everyone posted as soon as we have more information. There WILL be some work parties happening in the next week or two.
              http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Pass Cree Park final layout

Following Pass Creek's inaugural event, the 2010 Pass Creek Ice Bowl on January 10, 2009 . . .

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                Pass Creek is in the running as the worlds best nine hole course! Think Trojan with a couple of big bomber hole thrown in the middle. Very challenging, especially #3 an island hole with water less than 20ft from the basket on two sides and #4, the bosses office, a 400ft straight gap with water and OB on both sides and within 20 ft to the right of the pin (I watched half of the lead card in pro lay this one up off of the tee, AWESOME).

Highlight of the day... Andrew Rich CTP'd a hole that I would guess measures out at over 500 ft... he threw a destroyer (i think) to about 8ft. WOW... Derek can you post the video?

Thanks again DGO... you guys continue to put on innovative quality events.
                Thank you, Andy. You have no idea what this comment means to me, no idea. You rock. I strained my brain in planning this course, while dealing with many other things at the same time . . . just wait until you see her during the spring

This thread is meant for those whom are familiar with the layout and design that may have any suggestions, comments, or questions regarding so, before the cement begins to flow. I've worked hard to bring the design to where it is, but with minimal help. Thank you, Dave, Nate, and many others for input into the original proposed design.

So, here is the call for anymore final input on the design . . . please remember that Hole #6 from the Ice Bowl will become Hole #7 in the final layout with the planned hole that follows Hole #5 being to the right of 5's basket, along the creek over a mini-creek that forms a "T" with Pass Creek, throwing North, parallel with I-5. The future Hole #6 will be a shaded, tightly wooded, low-canopy, water-laden straight shot. Players will be throwing over the mini-creek less than 30-40' from the pad with Pass Creek running along the right side of the fairway. Should turn out to be one of the most beautiful holes on the course, differing from every other in basic design . . . variety, variety, variety . . . now to schedule the work parties . . . Hole #9 from the Ice Bowl will not be used in the final layout; this area will be retained for non-disc golf park patrons. In other words, my favorite hole from the Ice Bowl, Hole #8, will be the ending hole on the final 9-hole design. Should be sweet!!!!

Andy, I'm gonna edit Andrew Rich's clip quick like and get it online shortly, and thank you so much for your support . . .

-Derek

www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

No hole 9!? Darn it! I deuced that 3 times out of 3, and took MAD strokes from the field!
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

PC Ice Bowl hole #9 . . .

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                    No hole 9!? Darn it! I deuced that 3 times out of 3, and took MAD strokes from the field!
                    Sorry my man . . . I'm sure that you see how this should remain a "park-patron" non-fly zone. In fact, the owner (Remmi) of the neighboring pizza place, Rock City Pizza, walked right out in the middle of the temp 9 fairway during the 3rd 9 hole round with his lady and daughter . . . to feed the ducks I explained to him, me standing on the island hole filming Pros, that there was a group waiting to tee off on hole 9; he didn't care and made it obvious. He eventually moved after stating, "I think this is all a bad idea. What about these guys?", pointing at the ducks he was feeding (while a group was waiting to tee off in an already behind schedule round) I just shook my head in disbelief; he left eventually. The ducks frickin' loved all the attention and the spectacle of the event. The Canadian Geese thankfully flew to there next destination upon our course setup Saturday, leaving the native fowl with more room than ever (a plan outlined in my proposal to the County )

Sorry . . . got long-winded there, but yeah the Ice Bowl hole #9 will not be in the final layout . . .

-Derek

www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

I think Rock City Pizza may have just lost potential business for his restaurant.

Not a good business decision on his part.

Comment

Good Business

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
                        I think Rock City Pizza may have just lost potential business for his restaurant.

Not a good business decision on his part.

He called to complain to the County and they basically laughed at him. He said we were all rude! The County has come to trust DGO and their event running abilities, brushing non-fact based complaints aside.

-Derek

www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Pass Creek Park support and naming of holes

This weekend at the Ninkasi #3 at Alton Baker Park, a fella had asked me about sponsoring a hole or a basket at Pass Creek, during my first round's play. I expressed that I'd get his information afterward, then never got around to it. D'oh I'm not sure what his name was, but if someone overheard the conversation and does know, please let me know.

We will be naming all 9 holes at Pass Creek. Hole #4, "The Boss's Office" is the only one that already has been named. As players and/or other interested parties come forward in an effort to make this dgc a reality, I will be requesting suggestions for names for each hole. If someone sponsors a hole, then they should get to name it, period. Of course, I must approve the name

Thanks in advance,

Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Nuttin'??

hmmmmmm

-Derek
                            www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.