X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearwater Park (Springfield, OR)

This was posted by Andrew Rich ("purediscgolf") on the Eugene Disc Golf Club's forum yesterday; dunno why he's keeping it from us...

So here is a little information for those of you who have been wondering "Whatsup with Clearwater?"

Rebecca and I met with the Superintendent and Planning & Development Manager at the Willamalane Parks Dept this week to discuss how to move forward.

They seemed very interested in Disc Golf and it's future growth. We didn't have to sell them on the game itself one bit.

We had a very constructive conversation with them and our ability to pretty much be self sustainable.

The volunteer base will be very important in not only breaking ground on this course but also with maintaining it.

With the current construction going on for the Mill Race there's a hold being put on future development in the park. The park is in fact closed until Nov. 15th.

After this time we may be able to get into the other side of the park to break ground. They still have plans to build a new parking lot and Greenway Bike Path to connect to Doris Ranch. Starting on the "back nine" could allow us to be out of the way of the parking lot construction.

The proposed layout was a collaborative effort on part of John Stone, Nate Sexton, John Hodgkins, Dave Feldberg and myself. We feel it is a championship level layout that can be easily adapted for recreational use.

Please get in touch with me if you have any questions. PeACE
    Oregon disc golf map

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    This was posted by Andrew Rich ("purediscgolf") on the Eugene Disc Golf Club's forum yesterday; dunno why he's keeping it from us...

So here is a little information for those of you who have been wondering "Whatsup with Clearwater?"

Rebecca and I met with the Superintendent and Planning & Development Manager at the Willamalane Parks Dept this week to discuss how to move forward.

They seemed very interested in Disc Golf and it's future growth. We didn't have to sell them on the game itself one bit.

We had a very constructive conversation with them and our ability to pretty much be self sustainable.

The volunteer base will be very important in not only breaking ground on this course but also with maintaining it.

With the current construction going on for the Mill Race there's a hold being put on future development in the park. The park is in fact closed until Nov. 15th.

After this time we may be able to get into the other side of the park to break ground. They still have plans to build a new parking lot and Greenway Bike Path to connect to Doris Ranch. Starting on the "back nine" could allow us to be out of the way of the parking lot construction.

The proposed layout was a collaborative effort on part of John Stone, Nate Sexton, John Hodgkins, Dave Feldberg and myself. We feel it is a championship level layout that can be easily adapted for recreational use.

Please get in touch with me if you have any questions. PeACE
    Reviving a *very* old topic, but.. I just heard on the news this morning that the major work on Clearwater Park (flush restrooms and a new bike path) is now finished. Does anyone happen to know if a Disc Golf course is still possibly in the plans for this park?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      This was posted by Andrew Rich purediscgolf on the Eugene Disc Golf Club's forum yesterday
      EDGC has a web site?
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        EDGC has a web site?

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          EDGC has a web site?
          Used to. That post was from 2009. I believe the EDGC is now a Facebook only operation.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X